UKC

Hungary trip-currency?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 veteye 14 May 2016
I'm going to Budapest to a conference on Wednesday and I'm not sure if I need to take their currency, or do I take dollars or euros or just use debit and credit cards in general?(I am sure that I will need a little cash, but what form?) I'm away until the following Monday.
Lusk 14 May 2016
In reply to veteye:

I just use cash machines, I know it costs slightly more, but it's less hassle (I'm lazy) and I just take out what I need.
 JoshOvki 14 May 2016
In reply to veteye:

My better half just got back from there. She used their own currency but brought it over there as the exchange rate worked out better. Some people she was with just used their cards to pay for stuff as they do over here.
OP veteye 14 May 2016
In reply to JoshOvki:

So where did she get her exchange from in Hungary?
I'm also wondering if I have time to get the Budapest card online.It's like a discount card for car rental(not that I need one) thermal baths and shops with unlimited travel on public transport and 2 free guided tours.
 yorkshireman 14 May 2016
In reply to veteye:

I go there on business about 6 times a year so always have a bag of HUFs left over. I just get the cash out of the local ATMs if I need it.

I've paid taxis in Euros before although they were accepted rather grudgingly, but they have Uber now.

Cards are accepted pretty much everywhere so I would just grab a few HUFs out of a machine for cups of coffee and the odd beer and use cards for everything else.

Enjoy, its a lovely city IMHO.
 Anoetic 14 May 2016
In reply to veteye:

Hi, I just grab some local currency from an airport cash machine after I've landed

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...