UKC

Hard feeling shoes!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Roobag 14 May 2016
I have a pair of Adidas Kanadia tr7's which I haven't had for that long and will most likely be running the "around the island" race on Mersea, Essex in them in 6 weeks (I better get training). It is 13 miles off road. I haven't run anywhere near this distance off road, yet.
My concern is that knowing how hard these shoes are I think I'm going to struggle. I have a pair of Merrel road gloves or a pair of Freet shoes which are both great on the road. Might I be better swapping for these? Does anyone have experience of the shoes or race to offer advice? Maybe some insoles? Tfr.
 The Potato 15 May 2016
In reply to Roobag:
I had a pair of tr7 and didn't think they were particular hard compared to other shoes I've used, they aren't cushioned but that's fine for shorter distances (under 20 miles). More spongey shoes off road can affect your feel of the trail and dont work as well on technical sections. The grip is fine for non muddy trails. You'll be fine in them just spend more time in them before the event
Post edited at 09:34
 wbo 15 May 2016
In reply to Roobag:
i doubt this race has technical sections. I haven't run it but you are right to investigate if off road means all gravel and packed dirt or if it's soft mud, sand. If it's all fairly hard, and the shoes feel hard now they won't feel any better after 8 or 9 miles and very sore feet will mess up your stride and biomechanics leaving you very slow and very sore.

Edit. There's a bit of beach, a bit of road and a bunch of concrete wall that will feel very hard. Tricky
Post edited at 10:14

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...