UKC

Dvds/documentaries

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 NessaMay 15 May 2016
Hi everyone
I was just wondering if anyone could recommend any dvds about climbing/mountaineering etc that are worth watching (drama,real life, mixture)
The last one I Watched was the 2008 North Face film which I thought was brilliant.
Basically something to keep me going before I can start going mountaineering myself (I'm yet to do mountaineering but have a long list of ambitions I want to fulfill)
 joe.wahab 15 May 2016
In reply to NessaMay:

I think the BMC mountaineering essentials DVD was nicely done - possibly not quite what you were after, but you follow two groups on a day out winter mountaineering in Scotland. You learn a lot too - well, I did. The Alpine equivalent is also good.

Climbing wise, you can pick up 'Sea Fever - Classic climbs of Pembroke' for a couple quid online. I wrote a review of it on somewhere with in this subforum.

Eric Jones' 'Eiger Solo' is on youtube too - that was one of the videos that made me want to start climbing!
 Jim Walton 16 May 2016
In reply to NessaMay:

Channel 4 did an Equinox programme called Fear of Falling, voiced by Ed Douglas. Talks a lot about the movements in climbing past and present.

Another good one is "Total Control" by Alun Hughes. This follows Big Jim Jewel as he solos some lower Extreme routes in North Wales. Left Wall, The Grasper, Silly Arete, T-Rex etc. No load music, no daft voice over just inspiring.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...