UKC

Van camping chamonix

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Alex Riley 16 May 2016
Does anyone know any good spots to van camp for a month or so I Chamonix? Looking for somewhere cheap (ie free), water etc useful...
lostcat 16 May 2016
In reply to Alex Riley:

Lots of spots. Near the Montenvers railway, La Praz, Grands Montets cable car, Vallorcine etc. Just have a drive up the valley and see what you fancy. Always loads of vans, motor homes etc around.
 PTatts 16 May 2016
In reply to Alex Riley:

My favorite spot is on the main road up the valley, just after the MBC by the bowls. Clean water, clean(ish) toilets and within walking distance of a damn fine pin. Can be a little noisy though. By the Montenvers is also good.
OP Alex Riley 16 May 2016
Thanks for the helpful replies. Are there any public showers? (Don't mind paying)
 HeMa 16 May 2016
In reply to Alex Riley:

I think the sports center might be the cheapest an convenient option for a shower.
 chris687 16 May 2016
In reply to Alex Riley:

I parked up by Le Gailliands for quite a long time. Good toilets with a tap under the sink for filling up water. You are also near the start of some good running trails and the crag for playing around on in the evenings.
 the power 16 May 2016
In reply to Alex Riley:

> Thanks for the helpful replies. Are there any public showers? (Don't mind paying)

Shower! Your only going for a month, get with the program
OP Alex Riley 16 May 2016
In reply to the power:
One month out of a 6 month trip

+ think my wife night appreciate it haha
Post edited at 15:58
 HeMa 16 May 2016
In reply to Alex Riley:

The Best Western might also offer a Spa for those that don't live there. At least in the past it was possible to use the sauna for a fee. This might be a nicer option...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...