UKC

Masters Edge ....soon to be masters ramble ??

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Hunky Dory 16 May 2016
Masters Edge has always been way beyond me......but I live in hope.

It would appear that the recent significant cleaning has nicely enhanced some of the holds...not enough for me to consider an ascent ...but If the climber (s) would care to arrange a meeting at the crag...im sure other local less gifted climbers would jump at the chance to offer their Input...and offer some alterations of their own.
 alx 16 May 2016
In reply to Hunky Dory:

Any pics? Care to elaborate?
 deacondeacon 16 May 2016
In reply to Hunky Dory:

Pics please or a bit more of a description. Didn't notice anything a couple of weeks ago.
Clauso 16 May 2016
In reply to Hunky Dory:

It was me. I bolted a few holds on. So what? It all seems to be perfectly popular in climbing walls. Get with the times granddad.
OP Hunky Dory 17 May 2016
In reply to alx:

tried uploading them but they are in my pis part of the site ...just bcant link the two ...dohhhh
OP Hunky Dory 17 May 2016
In reply to Clauso:

Well Darren I suggest you sort yourself out and get a few more bolted on....cos I still cant do it. ....
In reply to Clauso:

> It was me. I bolted a few holds on. So what? It all seems to be perfectly popular in climbing walls. Get with the times granddad.

When you put it like that it makes you realise how limiting outdoor climbing is. One grade per line, what a waste

Features only for protection and climbing E7 6c for

Bolts for protection and features only E5 6c

Blue holds and bolts 6a+ etc.
 iknowfear 17 May 2016
 jon 17 May 2016
 Andy Moles 18 May 2016
In reply to Hunky Dory:

I'm not convinced that the wear on the holds enhances them at all - if anything those yellowish eroded bits at Millstone feel more likely to be crumble and spit you off! And is it really 'chipping', or just wear from lots of people trying the route?

I haven't been on Master's Edge, but I know from belaying someone that the hold before the shotholes has improved (naturally), but will go completely at some point if it isn't stabilised.
 Kid Spatula 18 May 2016
In reply to Hunky Dory:

That looks more like something has fallen off...
 mark20 18 May 2016
In reply to Andy Moles:

Yes sounds like that hold broke leaving a flexing bit in December - http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=631629
Not sure how much of it remains?

I've definitely noticed increasing amounts of orange eroded bits appearing on that route, probably down to increased popularity. So much so, that the whole thing looks a bit of a mess now (in my opinion).
I've never actually tried the route so not sure how the hold in the picture used to be, but it looks like it has taken a fair bit of abuse
All a bit of a shame really but I suppose it's inevitable on these popular and delicate gritstone routes
 Graham Hoey 18 May 2016
In reply to jon:

Looks like intended damage to me rather than any attempt at hold creation or breakage
 birdie num num 18 May 2016
In reply to Hunky Dory:

It's a quarry. I just took some stone home for my rockery
OP Hunky Dory 19 May 2016
In reply to jon: Cheers Jon.....

In reply to Kid Spatula: Nope...its been severely abused ...the whole face has.

In reply to mark20: no this is all new abuse....I saw the 2015 flake hold....this is all on the edge and close face.

In reply to birdie num num:

Well done birdie...a chip in a big chip ehh....enjoy planting the rock plants.

OP Hunky Dory 30 May 2016
In reply to Andy Moles:

well I know wire brushed holds......and it looks like a good dose of it to.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...