UKC

Remote crag in south lakes?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 tingle 17 May 2016
Hi, me and a friend are looking for a spot, for wild camping and practicing rope techniques for crevasse rescue, ideally Quiet (dont want to get in the way of climbers) with some sort of anchor at the top we can use to simulate a snow anchor. Also being quite far out from the road would be great, thanks
 CurlyStevo 17 May 2016
In reply to tingle:

Before I went to the alps the first time we practised setting up a pulley system, escaping the system and ascending a rope in a local wood.
 Baron Weasel 17 May 2016
In reply to tingle:

Scout scar?
OP tingle 17 May 2016
In reply to CurlyStevo:

we have already done this but would prefer to make a trip of it, cheers
 Caralynh 17 May 2016
In reply to tingle:

There's a nice little crag above Levers Water that may fit the bill. No in situ stuff at the top so you'd have to rig your own anchor, but it's quiet and would make a nice wild camp too.
In reply to tingle:

I'd park at the summit of Wrynose Pass, follow the path north up Ulpha Fell, then turn west to Little Stand. There's any number of short crags around there that would be ideal and good flat areas to camp with water nearby. The crags aren't that popular as they are further to walk to than the similar sized crags on Ulpha Fell which are often busy (Black Crag, Lightning Crag etc), so I doubt you'd be in anyone's way.
 Chris Harris 17 May 2016
In reply to tingle:

Maybe something around Seathwaite Tarn (Duddon)?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...