UKC

Places like Font: Climbing holidays with kids

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 DD72 19 May 2016
Just come back from our first trip to Font with a new baby. It was great but I'm starting to think where else?
Font works well for us because;
- Its child friendly
- We can camp in the van (and drive there)
- Its a nice place to be (important because my girlfriend isn't as keen as me so alternative options, walking etc are important)
- Great climbing (obviously) bouldering is ideal but some sport might work as well.
It strikes me there must be plenty of other places like this in Europe and I'd really appreciate it if people could share their experiences of what and where has worked well for them.
 Matt Vigg 19 May 2016
In reply to DD72:

Bouldering wise, Zillertal in Austria would work (and it's awesome), there's also great sport climbing there as well some of which would work with a baby. Lots of child friendly crags in the Frankenjura and bouldering too but it tends to be either pretty hard or not very good in my experience. I think Kochel south of Munich would work, I've got a guide but never made it there though (sport & bouldering). Northern Greece around Kavala has some great sport climbing near the sea, best with a baby in a seat rather than a toddler, there's also bouldering east near Maronia and more around Xanthi, climb in the mornings then head to the beach/tavernas.

Make the most of the little one not being mobile!
 Pids 19 May 2016
In reply to DD72:

Kerlouan in Brittany is ace - very quiet, cracking beaches, not too hot (normally always a coastal breeze), great place for biking/surfing/other water based sports - went for two weeks and saw no other climbers/boulderers there (late June just before French holidays though). Plenty of camping spots, some lovely boulders (some on beaches, some not, some with great soft landings others not so). Also very kid friendly due to quietness and nr of beaches.

And there is always Glen Nevis - plenty of climbing/bouldering, campsite, child friendly and you can def drive to it
 tjekel 19 May 2016
In reply to DD72:
some ideas further east: slovenija - crni kal; istria: dvigrad, rovinj; austria: ennstal; dolomites: steinerne stadt ... france: several ardeche crags, mouries and other areas in the alpilles.

basically we've been to all these places with our little one age 0-3.
Post edited at 17:27
OP DD72 21 May 2016
In reply to tjekel:

Thanks all of you, really helpful.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...