UKC

Group single pitch locations. Dolomites (Cortina)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Totally-Normal 20 May 2016
Hi all,

I'm taking a group out to Cortina this summer and, for various reasons, I'm limited to being able to being able to put up bottom ropes for them to climb on. As such I'm looking for somewhere quiet where I can set up anchors on top of the crag and with routes suitable for beginners.

I've been to the area before so I'm aware that this is not the best area for such requirements but with all that rock around surely there is somewhere suitable.

Thanks in advance

TN
 John H Bull 20 May 2016
In reply to Totally-Normal:
Sass de Stria (Hexenstein) - chances are it won't be quiet, and you probs can't walk around to the top of many routes, but apart from that it fits the bill.
Post edited at 12:48
 Rampikino 20 May 2016

Citta dei Sassi (City of Rocks)

We were at this place when we visited - great venue.
 lcullum7 20 May 2016
In reply to Rampikino:

> We were at this place when we visited - great venue.

Agree with that. It's also a pretty impressive setting for a friendly crag. It can be quite busy, but there's loads of routes so taking a group should be fine assuming usual good practice is followed
 James Rushforth Global Crag Moderator 21 May 2016

As everyone says Citta dei Sassi is a great location for what you're after. Though it is a bit of a drive from Cortina.

For somewhere a bit nearer Cinque Torri is excellent. There are a number of low grade routes in a magnificent setting. Take a look at the north face of Torre Terza/Latina North Face (down as the 'School of Rock' climbs in the Rockfax guide) for a few good routes that are rarely busy.
 John Gillott 21 May 2016

Lazy crag rat sport climbing alternative:

http://www.three-peaks.info/en/dobbiaco/action-sport/summer/climbing/climbi...

Coffee and cakes available within 200m
 James Rushforth Global Crag Moderator 21 May 2016
In reply to John Gillott:

Also a great spot
Thanks all, Ive put them on the list.
Post edited at 16:07

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...