UKC

Starting outside

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Hi
I am 16 and have been climbing inside for a few years now with the occasional trip outside with the school club. This summer as I have now really caught the climbing bug I am looking to climb outside more often. Of course going out bouldering is far more approachable for someone who is inexperienced climbing outdoors but bouldering has always come second for me behind roped climbing. I was wondering if anyone on here had any ideas, beyond a course (which I am looking into but could clearly only cater for a few days of a whole summer) on how you could start climbing outside from a background where none of my family or relatives climb. Sadly I can't think of anyone who I know who could take my out which would otherwise have been the obvious option....
 Greasy Prusiks 20 May 2016
In reply to Hector Thornton-Swan:

Join a club! If you can belay safely they'll take you out on trips.
 Ben07 20 May 2016

Where are you from? Post a msg on here in the partners forum. Or keep your eye out for others posting asking the same.

Where are you based

But I think the best bet is a club

And asking around at the wall, including staff, as to what they advise
 Trangia 20 May 2016

Hope this might help?

Good luck

file:///C:/Users/User/Downloads/Club%20List%2005_05_2016.pdf

Thanks for the advice, I will be in the lakes for a large amount of the summer so looking to climb around there. I didn't know that any clubs accepted people under 18!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...