UKC

Diga di Luzzone Dam

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Garston 21 May 2016
Anyone climbed the above? We are heading to climb it in June and I have a couple of questions which I can't find on the web. Ie how do you put the ladder away after starting?! Are there several lines or just 'rainbow' it? Are the bolts and holds in good nick?
Many thanks
Chris
 Seb Lee 21 May 2016
In reply to Garston:

Hi Chris,

Me and some friends climbed the dam, albeit about 5 years ago now but a few points i remember.

We paid i think ~10 Euros for the ladder key to access the route, We didn't lock it up as another team were setting off after us.
I don't believe its possible to use just one colour.
Both the bolts and holds were in good condition when we climbed it, and it wasn't new then, so i would guess it's aged well.

Hopefully someone who climbed it more recently can be of more help.

I know it gets allot of hate for being just a climbing wall, and the usual "if i were going that far, why not climb real rock?!" types, but i took it at face value, was my second multpitch and i loved every minute of it. I would even consider a long weekend trip back despite me being more of a trad only climber now!

Enjoy!
OP Garston 22 May 2016
In reply to Seb Lee:

Thats great thank you, We are heading in the direction of Chamonix and basically spending a week doing the Dam, some Via Ferrata, some sport routes and some trad. Really just make it up as we go! Just being away and relaxing the main thing.
Many thanks again
 madguernseyboy 22 May 2016
In reply to Garston:

we tried it 2 year ago but got rained off.

the first person leads from the ladder. then the 2nd puts the ladder away and jumars (or prussic's) the first few meters to the holds.

hope this helps.

brendan
OP Garston 22 May 2016
In reply to madguernseyboy:

Ah I suspected that was the case but couldn't find out for sure, thanks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...