UKC

Marmolada

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 HosteDenis 25 May 2016
Does this topo, or a similar one of the same rockface, exist in English?

http://www.versantesud.it/en/shop/marmolada-parete-sud/

Can't find one, apparently

Ian Parsons 25 May 2016
In reply to HosteDenis:
Yes. English edition published the following year - July 2008.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Marmolada-South-Face-ENGLISH-edition/dp/8887890714

Looks like it may be out of print.
Post edited at 19:34
OP HosteDenis 25 May 2016
In reply to Ian Parsons:

thanks, ordered a copy (from a different site)
 RossKirtley 04 Jun 2016
In reply to HosteDenis:

Where did you manage to find the english copy? I've scoured the net but found nothing. I've emailed the publisher to find out if it's still available.
 RossKirtley 04 Jun 2016
In reply to HosteDenis:

Or does anyone have a copy of the english guide, which the're willing to sell?
OP HosteDenis 04 Jun 2016
In reply to HosteDenis:
I bought one on the 25th of march on the italien version of Ebay, ebay.it
Post edited at 18:12
 Casa Alfredino 04 Jun 2016
In reply to HosteDenis:

There's quite a lot of information in the Rockfax guidebook too. The Versante sud is extremely comprehensive so covers pretty much everything as opposed to highlights.
 d_b 04 Jun 2016
In reply to RossKirtley:

I have a copy. I'm incredibly unlikely to get any routes done there now so I'm open to sensible offers.

Chris the Tall 04 Jun 2016
In reply to HosteDenis:

Completely off-topic, but listening to a cycling podcast recently, it was claimed that the Marmolada isn't the highest of the Dolomites, simply because it isn't Dolomite at all. Now my experience of it is limited to one very long day on the VF (and a day on skis, but that's different), and the rock seemed the same as the rest of the region. Unlike the area to the north (and south of Arraba), but then that isn't even limestone

Can anyone explain?
 Casa Alfredino 04 Jun 2016
In reply to Chris the Tall:

It's calcareous limestone. There is an overlying band of agglomerate which you will see if you go up onto Monte Padon and the VF delle trincee - it's a very dark rock with many large lumps of other rock in it. The Dolomite overlays this layer. I believe the agglomerate is part and parcel of the uplift which occured which thrust the Sella Massif up in one lump and the igneous Porphyry which underlies alpi di susi (which is why it's so wet and boggy and ideal for lots of lovely flowers!) and to the south the area around the Lagorai where you'll find granite as well.
 RossKirtley 11 Jun 2016
In reply to davidbeynon:

Hi David,

I've written you an email with regard to the Marmolada guide. I'd be keen to buy it from you, how much are you looking for?
 d_b 11 Jun 2016
In reply to RossKirtley:

I did send a reply, but a few mails I have sent seem to have vanished lately - I need to look into what is going on.

Substance of the reply was that I can't be bothered with sorting out payment over small amounts and would be happy if you sent a few quid in the direction of your local MRT.

I am receiving emails though so if you mail me again with your address I will post it your way.

RossKirtley 16 Jun 2016
In reply to davidbeynon:

Hi David,

I mailed you my address but didn't get a reply. Just wanted to make sure that you received it.

Cheers
 d_b 16 Jun 2016
In reply to RossKirtley:

Posted yesterday.

I wonder if my domain is on someones spam list.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...