UKC

Cafes, bakers near Stanage open on sunday

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 two_tapirs 28 May 2016
Hi, we're at Stanage for our first visit, does anyone know of cafes or bakeries that are nearby and open on Sunday's?
Cheers!
 mike123 28 May 2016
In reply to two_tapirs:
Very good sandwhich shop / bakery in Hathersage, I think it's recently changed hands and opens earlier than previously . Our usual peak routine is to have a breakfast butty and a sandwhich for lunch from there . Almost certain opens on Sunday's .( give them a ring?)

This one :

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Hathersage+Bakery,+Station+Rd,+Hope+Val...
Post edited at 08:22
OP two_tapirs 28 May 2016
In reply to mike123:

Thanks for the quick reply, Mike. We're heading there today so will update with Sunday info later
 deacondeacon 28 May 2016
In reply to two_tapirs:

The cafe in Outside (the climbing shop) is open on Sunday's, as well as The Poolside Cafe.
It's a touristy village so everything tends to be open on Sunday's
If you want a truly amazing breakfast I'd recommend Hardhurst Farm campsite cafe (if it's open on Sunday's). Probably the best fry-ups I've ever eaten.
In reply to mike123:

Just popped in, they're not open on Sunday's, currently
In reply to deacondeacon:
Thanks for the tip, we'll check it out. Great cakes there!
 Pbob 28 May 2016
In reply to two_tapirs:

Grindleford Station cafe is an essential part of the Peak climbing experience as far as I'm concerned.
 BnB 29 May 2016
In reply to two_tapirs:

It's (with an apostrophe) Sundays (without)!!

Even my predictive text insisted on anticipating "Sunday's" when I typed that out, so I guess that's what has happened on pretty much every post this thread. Phones will be the death of good grammar.
Andy Gamisou 29 May 2016
In reply to BnB:

> Phones will be the death of good grammar.

Quite possibly, but, I think that in this case we are talking about punctuation. Or am I wrong (wouldn't be the first time)? Or do possessive apostrophes occupy some grey area between grammar and punctuation?

slab_happy 29 May 2016
In reply to Pbob:

Is that the cafe equivalent of a sandbag?
 Co1in H 29 May 2016
In reply to BnB:
Maybe but you don't get "sandwhich" with predictive.
 Pbob 30 May 2016
In reply to slab_happy:

> Is that the cafe equivalent of a sandbag?

kedvenc72 30 May 2016
In reply to two_tapirs:

I was a bit disappointed in the Hathersage 'Bakery', or felt mislead, once I realised it was not a bakery at all. As far as I can tell most of the baked goods (including the bread) are bought from elsewhere and not fresh as such.

The deli shop in the square is excellent, in my opinion, other good options (but further afield) are the Bakehouse in Bradwell and Peveril stores in Castleton.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...