UKC

Tibetan prayer flags, Bla bheinn

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Roberttaylor 29 May 2016
To whoever left Tibetan-style prayer flags on top of Bla bheinn, cheers, your spiritual abseil tat now adorns the interior of my car and makes me look a lot more zen and connected to the universe than I actually am. In future though please don't leave stuff on Scottish mountain tops, it is majorly bad karma and will lead to a less than good reincarnation.

R

bouldery bits 29 May 2016
In reply to Roberttaylor:

Well said.
llechwedd 29 May 2016

Sgurr Ban a few years ago, now Bla Bheinn... Is it a case of Redsonja strikes again!?...
 Rampikino 29 May 2016

Bring them with you, if you truly think that such objects have enough "woo" about them to change the world, let them flap around a bit, then take them home with you.

Simple.
Pussy Jenkins 29 May 2016

> To whoever left Tibetan-style prayer flags on top of Bla bheinn ...

Sorry Robert - that was me.

Where have you been?
 Climber_Bill 29 May 2016
In reply to Pussy Jenkins:

With all due respect it doesn't matter where Robert has or hasn't been. Though clearly from his logbook he has extensive Scottish and Alpine experience.

The ethos, ethics, protocol in the UK is to not leave anything behind after visiting the crags, hill or mountains of the UK.

What would the hill and mountain tops be like if everyone who went to the top of Snowdon, Scafell, Ben Nevis, Cairngorm or any other popular hill or mountain left behind a memento of some sort?

Pussy Jenkins 29 May 2016
In reply to Climber_Bill:

> With all due respect it doesn't matter where Robert has or hasn't been.

Well, with all due respect, it very much matters to me: we go back a long way (don't you remember the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles incident?) and I miss him.

> The ethos, ethics, protocol in the UK is to not leave anything behind after visiting the crags, hill or mountains of the UK.

Noted; I apologise for the flags. Please now pass that same message on to the banana skin / orange peel / boiled eggshell brigade. (Ugh - I *hate* boiled eggs ...)

llechwedd 29 May 2016

There are more effective ways of bringing love and light into the world.

Take nothing but pictures
https://www.facebook.com/awakenwithjp/videos/1298251426857383/?pnref=story
Lusk 29 May 2016
In reply to llechwedd:

Aresome! I'm going to go naked in the hills now.
People will be taking nothing but bad memories.
 Climber_Bill 29 May 2016
In reply to Pussy Jenkins:

> Well, with all due respect, it very much matters to me: we go back a long way (don't you remember the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles incident?) and I miss him.

Fair enough, apologies. I thought you were referring to where the OP had been and what he had done in a climbing / mountaineering sense.

> Noted; I apologise for the flags. Please now pass that same message on to the banana skin / orange peel / boiled eggshell brigade. (Ugh - I *hate* boiled eggs ...)

I do. Whenever I see people leaving waste at a crag, hill mountain wherever, I will say something to them about not leaving their rubbish behind.

bouldery bits 29 May 2016
In reply to Climber_Bill:

I packed a banana skin that I found of the top of wansfell off this morning.

That's what we should all do really.
 Big Ger 30 May 2016

> To whoever left Tibetan-style prayer flags on top of Bla bheinn, cheers, your spiritual abseil tat now adorns the interior of my car and makes me look a lot more zen and connected to the universe than I actually am. In future though please don't leave stuff on Scottish mountain tops, it is majorly bad karma and will lead to a less than good reincarnation.

Don't worry, it's open season on hippies soon.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...