UKC

Boot repair Glue?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
drmarten 30 May 2016
I've a pair of Meindl boots made of suede/nubuck/rubber, I wore them on Skye and they've taken a bit of a battering. The soles are fine and the rubber toe rand has protected that area but just behind the toe rand was a sewn seam joining two bits of suede together. The sewing decided that it had enough of the Cuillin and has departed this world leaving two bits of suede with no sewing holding them together. I reckon I could rescue the boots easily enough if I could stick the two parts together, I don't want to have them sewn as they are goretex lined.
To cut to the chase, can anyone recommend a suitable adhesive to join the two bits back together? There isn't any flapping as such as the two bits are still sewn above/below, but if I leave them as they are the boots won't last long.
And, yes, perhaps the Cuillin was not the best place to wear boots made of suede...
Worth it though
m0unt41n 30 May 2016
drmarten 30 May 2016
In reply to m0unt41n:

That looks the job, thanks very much.
 climber34neil 30 May 2016
In reply to drmarten:

I've used shoo goo to repair winter climbing boots with good results so would recommend that
 Dell 30 May 2016
In reply to drmarten:

Use freesole, I've used it to glue back the sole on steel capped work boots, very durable repair.
drmarten 30 May 2016
In reply to thread:

Thanks for suggestions, I've ordered the seam grip and will take it from there, hopefully that will work.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...