UKC

Accident Avon Gorge 30.05.16

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Ivanator 31 May 2016
As we were packing up to leave Sea Walls yesterday around 6pm an ambulance pulled up and the crew were asking about a fallen climber - there was no incident at Sea Walls so they were directed further along the Gorge, as I left a little later there were quite a few emergency vehicles in the Main Wall/Main Area pull in.
Did think about stopping, but with the amount of vehicles there guessed there were probably enough hands to arrange any evacuation, I didn't want to get in the way. Cannot find any reports online which I hope is a good sign it was not too serious. If there was an accident then best wishes and thoughts with those involved and hope no lasting damage has been done.
Gone for good 31 May 2016
In reply to The Ivanator:

Nothing reported from yesterday but I came across this gem of a report of an incident earlier this year.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/12120213/Police-helicopter-scrambled...
 Bobling 31 May 2016

I've PM'd you.

Like the OP my thoughts are with those involved.
 HappyTrundler 31 May 2016

The climber was on Central Wall, had X Rays and MRI scan in Southmead Hospital, going home today. No broken bones or lasting damage thankfully.
OP The Ivanator 31 May 2016
In reply to HappyTrundler:

So relieved to hear that, hope the bumps and bruises heal quick. Thanks for posting.
 Bobling 31 May 2016

Phew. Great news, thanks for posting.
 Andy Say 31 May 2016

> The climber was on Central Wall, had X Rays and MRI scan in Southmead Hospital, going home today.

Ooooooh. I was born there.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...