UKC

DIGITAL FEATURE: The Finest Routes in the Alps: Mont Blanc

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 31 May 2016
Mont Blanc via Peuterey Integral, 3 kbThis route is the longest ridge climb in the Alps. It involves an 800m approach hike to a route which then accumulates 4500m of height gain and finishes at the summit of Mont Blanc. It is a highlight of any alpinists career and most people will take two to three days to complete the route.

Read more
 alexm198 31 May 2016
In reply to UKC Articles:

TD+? Controversial!
 Andy Lagan 31 May 2016

Thanks Ben, that was a brilliant read.
 BALD EAGLE 01 Jun 2016

A superb account and fantastic images of one of the truly great routes in the Alps so thanks a million Ben!
Far too hard and "out there" for a punter like me and I'm rather suprised this feature has not had more responses...
Cheers
Dave
 galpinos 01 Jun 2016
In reply to alexm198:

I always thought it was given TD/ED1?
 alexm198 01 Jun 2016
In reply to galpinos:

Not sure I've personally ever seen it given less than ED1. I attempted it last year and the scale of it is mind-boggling. Bad conditions and some terrible logistical choices (climbing it all in B3s and not going light enough) meant that it took us two days just to reach the top of the Noire.

The Noire's S Ridge is given TD quite unanimously, I should imagine the addition of 14 notoriously terrifying abseils, an infamously chossy traverse of Les Dames Anglaises, plus an extra 3 summits and 1400m of climbing to the summit of MB warrants an extra grade?!
 alexm198 01 Jun 2016

I should add that this is a great feature though - really enjoy the combination of amazing imagery and vivid writing. Cheers Ben & UKC.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...