UKC

Terra Unfirma! Adventures on the Lleyn Peninsula

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 02 Jun 2016
James McHaffie about to start pitch 2 of Terrorhawk, note the 'bolt' on the belay..., 3 kbIn this article UKC's Jack Geldard looks back ten years and more to his first adventures on the Lleyn Peninsula in North Wales. The quiet peninsula is a climbing back-water, oft over-shadowed by the mountains of Snowdonia or the easier to access and more solid Gogarth on Anglesey.

But for those looking for something to exercise the mind as well as the arms, then the Lleyn offers unparalleled opportunities for adventure climbing in a wild and serious setting...

Read more

Skyfall 02 Jun 2016
In reply to UKC Articles:

Having reacquainted myself with seacliffs last weekend after a winter of sports climbing, this is well timed. This article also took me back to doing a couple of routes on the Lleyn with Pat Littlejohn some years ago; me pulling holds off en route. I can almost feel the urge building, almost....
 jsmcfarland 02 Jun 2016

Great article. I'm getting the urge to go sea cliff climbing...aaargh
 chris m fisher 02 Jun 2016

Brilliant article! It's great that we've got this type of climbing in the UK, something to cherish for sure
 AlanLittle 03 Jun 2016

You spelt "Terror" wrong.
 The Pylon King 03 Jun 2016

Brilliant stuff!

E6 6a says it all!
 Graham Hoey 03 Jun 2016

Nice one Jack - bought back some good (?) memories of doing Vulture many years back. Funnily enough I couldn't persuade my mate to go back there to do Terrorhawk, sounds like he had the right idea
 Sarah Stirling 05 Jun 2016
In reply to UKC Articles: Really nice piece, Jack!

petellis 06 Jun 2016

I wonder what it was that persuaded Jack to wear a helmet on his second visit?
Great article! Defo need to get down to the Lleyn at some point!
Post edited at 11:28

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...