UKC

Flooding in Fontainebleau

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ad111 03 Jun 2016
Heads up to people who booked their ferry early and are heading to Font regardless of the weather.

All of the small bridges are shut off due to flooding around Font, many of the riverside towns are flooded and Camping le Prez in Grez Sur-Loing is underwater.

I know many of us have used that campsite and I hope they get back up and running soon! And obviously best of luck to all who have been evacuated.
 Alex Riley 03 Jun 2016
In reply to ad111:

Any news on la musardiere?
 tombeasley 03 Jun 2016
In reply to ad111:

I've used the campsite regularly, hope that they aren't too badly effected by the flooding.
 French Erick 03 Jun 2016
In reply to Alex Riley:

no need...keep off wet sandstone!
 RhysRolfe 03 Jun 2016
does anyone know anything about VENEUX LES SABLONS as I'm planning to stay there next week?

robal 03 Jun 2016
In reply to Alex Riley:

its a fair way off from the nearest river (l'ecole) maybe 2km, I doubt they'll be having any trouble.

if in doubt give them a bell
 robal 03 Jun 2016
In reply to French Erick:

it'll be dry from mid week forwards from what i can see so its not that bad....
 chrispymocha 04 Jun 2016

Ah no, we are booked in to le Prez in Grez Sur-Loing from Wednesday. Anyone who knows the area - do you think it will still be ok to head out that way?

Thanks!
 fried 05 Jun 2016
In reply to chrispymocha:

I emailed le pres last week, just to see if they were OK. I haven't had an answer back. Could be that they are closed at the moment or too busy to respond.

If I have time on Tuesday I'll drive down for a look.

Might be worth emailling them again.
 chrispymocha 05 Jun 2016
In reply to fried:

cheers, emailed them last night but no response yet.

Are there any alternative campsites that are less likely to be flooded? I might give Camping les courtilles du lido a call.
It looks like a lot of the budget hotels are selling out, which I guess isn't surprising really.
floriande 06 Jun 2016
In reply to ad111:

Well I literally created an account here just to answer... I'm currently staying in Montereau, reasonnably close to the forest, and take as a fact that the Loing is flooding all around at a his historic maximum ever. However, the highest point was reached yesterday, so it will only go better from now on - we even had a bit of sun here sunday evening.
If I'm not mistaken, I saw pictures and videos of Grez sur Loing on national TV and it was pretty bad. I don't think the forest really suffered, though...
Even if it's in french, this article have of video of Grez (but also Nemours and Montargis) http://video.lefigaro.fr/figaro/video/images-spectaculaires-du-loiret-sous-...
 ambigu0us 06 Jun 2016

We're meant to be heading to courtilles du lido on Wednesday, sent them an email and gave them a ring, but no reply so far. I'll post any updates here.
 Brass Nipples 06 Jun 2016
In reply to ad111:

DWS at Fontainbleau
 ambigu0us 06 Jun 2016
In reply to Lion Bakes:

> DWS at Fontainbleau

It's the deep water camping I'm less keen on, maybe I'm just a wuss though.
 mishabruml 06 Jun 2016
In reply to ambigu0us:

On the plus side, I've heard P&O are offering a service directly to the crag now. No more negotiating the Peripherique!
 ambigu0us 06 Jun 2016

Camping les courtilles du lido is flooded. Going to be closed till 1st of July apparently.
 Ian W 06 Jun 2016
In reply to ambigu0us:

Can confirm its closed; we were there last week (until the site was closed / flooded on wednesday), and the owner has confirmed that it will be closed for "a couple of weeks probably". I suppose the length of time depends on how the waters recede and the ground repairs itself.
In reply to Alex Riley:

Drove back from la Musardiere day before yesterday. Campsite was wet, obvs, but fine. No flood, no one stuck, and quite a few refugee campers from the other sites.

Worst climbing trip in a while, mind. Ate cheese, drank beer, didn't even lace up a shoe.
 RossWoodruffe 06 Jun 2016
In reply to ad111:

I've never been to Font before but was suppose to be driving down there on Sunday. I don't really know what the area is like; is much of the forest flooded or is the climbing generally on higher ground? We were planing on staying in Les Pres which obviously isn't going to work but if anyone knows what it's like elsewhere and whether or not it's still worthwhile going and staying somewhere else I'd appreciate any advise/local knowledge.

Cheers,
 fried 06 Jun 2016
In reply to ad111:

The forest won't be flooded, just areas along the river Loing and Seine, this affects a lot of the camp sites, all of which have been evacuated. Le Musardiere camping is supposed to be fine, although I imagine pretty busy.
 Al Cartwright 06 Jun 2016
In reply to All:

Just got back from la Musardiere, was there Mon-Fri, campsite was OK, very wet but not flooded. pretty deserted apart from a few groups of hardy Brits there for half term.

we managed 2-3 hours on the rock all week, 95.2 seemed to be the area of choice as the top is out of the trees and dries quickly.

Looks OK from Thursday!
Good luck if you're heading out!
 georgeb 08 Jun 2016
In reply to ad111:
Any news on less pres. Hoping to go out soon

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...