UKC

Suggestions for walking around Selva / Val Gardena

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Toerag 03 Jun 2016
A couple I'm friends with are off to Selva / Val Gardena next month and they're struggling to find much info online in the way of day walks and 2 day hut-to-hut walks in the area. They're waiting for a response from the local tourist office. Does anyone have any suggestions? They're not bothered about doing via ferrata, but have done them before so will cope with short sections without any trouble.
 rony 05 Jun 2016
In reply to Toerag:

At the moment I cannot get to my maps to be more specific but let me reassure you that when you get there you will find a huge number of options from gentle strolls to long days out to hut-to-hut to VFs to sports climbs. If you cannot get maps and guides before you go don't worry as you can get them there.
 wilkesley 05 Jun 2016
In reply to Toerag:
The circuit of the Sassolungo is a good day out. You can buy maps at most shops and the paths are all very well way marked. Also the walk from Walk from Seceda to Selva. You get a cable car up and it's all down hill back to Selva.

If you want to try a short VF Piz da Cir V is spectacular. Get there early to beat the crowds and take care on the descent as the gully is quite loose and people can kick stuff down onto you.
Post edited at 19:17
 Joak 05 Jun 2016
In reply to Toerag:

I've spent a couple of summer holidays based in Val Gardena. Didn't do any 2 day hut- to- hut walks but did lots of day outings. The Cicerone guide book "Via Ferratas of the Italian Dolomites:Vol 1" is a good buy and told me all I needed to know.
 Gone 05 Jun 2016
In reply to Toerag:

Cicerone do excellent walking books - one for day walks and one for multi-day. You can buy online, ebooks or out there.
OP Toerag 07 Jun 2016
In reply to Toerag:

Thanks guys, I'll pass on your thoughts
 LJ2606 07 Jun 2016
In reply to Toerag:

Hi Toerag.

I'm not sue if any of these are of interest to you, but I've currently got a few guide books up for grabs. http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?n=642954

Jerv
OP Toerag 08 Jun 2016
In reply to LJ2606:

> Hi Toerag.

> I'm not sue if any of these are of interest to you, but I've currently got a few guide books up for grabs.
> Jerv

I'm not, but will see if my mates are for you

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...