UKC

Sony Vegas: final render res. jumps from 1920 to 1440 wide

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Fraser 07 Jun 2016
I've tried rendering a video in Sony Vegas (Movie Studio v.10) in which the 'Project Properties' is set to match the various clips' resolution of 1920 x 1080. When I render as the final .wmv file however, it comes out at only 1440x1080. It sort of looks okay on screen, but I feel I've somehow been robbed!

Why is this happening and how do I retain the original intended 1980 pixel width? A quick google suggests it may be a limitation of the 'Movie Studio' version of the software, but any tips for a workaround?
 Mr Lopez 07 Jun 2016
In reply to Fraser:

Not used the Movie Studio version, but in the 'standard' one and most video editing softwatre you select the render format, and in the same box you can select the desired resolution and other attributes for rendering. If you can't do that try other format. I.e. Sony mp4 1080.

It's also possible that you have selected a screen format, or a "shrink/resize" to fit X somewhere
OP Fraser 07 Jun 2016
In reply to Mr Lopez:

Cheers, the Sony .mp4 option does seem to suggest that 1920x1080 will be the final render resolution, so fingers crossed. Thanks again.
 Mr Lopez 07 Jun 2016
In reply to Fraser:

Nice one. I always render in Sony AAC MP4 anyway. I find it gives the best balance of quality and size for the clips.
OP Fraser 07 Jun 2016
In reply to Mr Lopez:
I ended up trying it as an .avi which it's just completed - does seem slightly better quality than the .wmv version at the narrower res. I'll also try the .mp4 format you suggest and see how that compares with the other two. Cheers again.

Edit: Wow, just checked the sizes - the wmv was just over 200Mb but the avi is 32Gb! Back to the mp4 option methinks!
Post edited at 20:20

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...