UKC

Recommendations- climbing in Cornwall, near St Mawgan

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 BabyGoat 08 Jun 2016
Hiya,

Looking for some recommendations for climbing locations near St Mawgan. Non-tidal, easy grades up to HVS, can walk up/down.

Thanks in advance,
 SallyM 08 Jun 2016
In reply to BabyGoat:

Roche Rock isn't far away. Inland, close to the road. Very interesting rock type!

Guidebook is 'Cheesewring and South East Cornwall'.
 Stone Idle 08 Jun 2016
In reply to SallyM:

But best to go to St Agnes or down to Bosigran
 dmetcalfe 08 Jun 2016
In reply to BabyGoat:

Roche Rock is certainly the best option, guess your wanting to take groups. Ive been there a few times, back down there in July.
 cornishben 09 Jun 2016
In reply to Stone Idle:

re "go to St Agnes", I'm not sure you'll find any of the following criteria fulfilled round here! "Non-tidal, easy grades up to HVS, can walk up/down."
 Stone Idle 09 Jun 2016
In reply to cornishben:
There is a nice Severe which has a straightforward abseil. But I fancy I mentioned west Penwith.
 Tom Last 09 Jun 2016
In reply to BabyGoat:

Yeah definitely steer clear of Carn Gowla (St Agnes) given your criteria.

Roche Rock as mentioned is your best bet.

Nearby Helman Tor has a handful of routes, though unhelpfully they're Vdiffs and E3/4s for the most part.

Lots of good climbing to suit your criteria in Luxulyan Woods but it's very verdant at this time of year and a bit of a mission so not ideal and I'm its biggest advocate.

Hawke's Tor and Trewortha Tor on Bodmin Moor has a bunch of good stuff to fit the bill too, but from St Mawgan you might just as well head west to Penwith and ten lifetime's worth of climbing down there - for which best to buy a guide

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...