UKC

Nant Peris Camping

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
DreadedTom 09 Jun 2016
http://www.ukclimbing.com/listings/info.php?id=5&t=stay

Does anyone have any contact details for the Nant Peris campsite? Id like to check whether they take campervans (or does anyone know?). I'm talking a converted Transit here, not your fancy-shmancy job.

Staying here as we're doing the horseshoe, so handy for the park-and-ride and pub, but if anyone has any other suggestions they'd be welcome.

Cheers
Tom
 Anti-faff 09 Jun 2016
In reply to DreadedTom:

Hi,

I was there at the weekend, they do take campers of any description.

It's a pretty rough and ready informal type of place. £5 per person per night plus £1 if you want a shower. Don't use the 50 p showers as they turn off as soon as you put shampoo in your hair.

I don't have contact details but I'd say you'd be fine just turning up as there's loads of room even at the weekend. Just go and knock on the door of the farmhouse.

It's quite sheltered and surrounded by trees so is quite bad for the midges. Other than that I couldn't fault the place for the money.

The pub's not bad either.

Oh, take some toilet roll with you too as there wasn't any!!
DreadedTom 09 Jun 2016
In reply to Anti-faff:

Thanks for that. Just checking, that is the site just off the road, directly opposite the pub? Im just a little confused as havent been there for about 10 years
DreadedTom 09 Jun 2016
In reply to Welsh Kate:

Thanks for that. That site says they dont take campers, however Anti-faff says they were there at the weekend and they do. Are there a couple of sites next to each other do you know?
 Anti-faff 09 Jun 2016
In reply to DreadedTom:

Yeah that's the one. There's a turning on the left about fifty metres before the pub (if approaching from Llanberis), just before the bridge which leads up to the house.
 Welsh Kate 09 Jun 2016
In reply to DreadedTom:

I suspect that's just the UK campsite entry, DreadedTom. Mrs P's seems to be a very relaxed sort of place - I'd just turn up in the van.
 hairy51 09 Jun 2016
In reply to DreadedTom:

Are you planning on going this weekend? I think this may be the campsite used for the Llanberis Tradfest event?

https://www.llanberistradfest.co.uk/cms/node/5

If so, guessing it's going to be busy!
 tmawer 09 Jun 2016
In reply to DreadedTom:

No issues when I stay there in my little converted fiat Scudo.
DreadedTom 09 Jun 2016
In reply to hairy51:

Thanks for heads up, but we're planning on next weekend (17th).
 broady 10 Jun 2016
In reply to DreadedTom:

There are two next to each other, i stayed on the one up the lane next to the chapel, just after the pub on the right when coming down the pass. i was in my van and there were about 6 others there in vans and campers. Take shit loads of midge replant as it was bad. Also take bog roll. i always stay there as it's just a crawl from the pub.
 CurlyStevo 10 Jun 2016
In reply to DreadedTom:
this is the nicest camp site I've stayed on in llanberis http://www.campinginllanberis.com/index.php/8 less midgies as its on a hill (so mostly exposed to the breeze and less boggy), great views and no need to book, but it can get a touch busy (as can all of them). 15 min walk to the pub.
Post edited at 15:36
 ianstevens 10 Jun 2016
In reply to hairy51:

> Are you planning on going this weekend? I think this may be the campsite used for the Llanberis Tradfest event?

> If so, guessing it's going to be busy!

So THAT's why the weather forecast is crap.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...