UKC

Question time referendum debate??

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
pasbury 10 Jun 2016
What have I just seen? Is this supposed to be an intelligent presentation of the choice we will make in two weeks time? What a f*cking joke.
Lusk 10 Jun 2016
In reply to pasbury:

As a comedian, Eddie Izzard is great, but as a QT panelist ... STFU, what an embarrassment!
pasbury 10 Jun 2016
In reply to Lusk:

Yep and as a three to one panel Hilary Benn didn't really pull much weight either. Pretty sad considering how easily Farage could have been called on his racism.
In reply to pasbury:

I didn't hear any racism.

Thought Izzard was rude, histrionic, and unsuitable to be on a debate panel. Used to think he was bright; let himself down.
And dressed like ... What was that? He's a grown man, ffs.

Thought Chris Grayling was good.

So there.
 Ridge 10 Jun 2016
In reply to Lusk:

> As a comedian, Eddie Izzard is great, but as a QT panelist ... STFU, what an embarrassment!

Give him a break, I'm sure he said during QT that he was at D-Day? He's wearing well.
 Postmanpat 10 Jun 2016
In reply to Just Another Dave:

I rather admire Eddie Izzard but he came across as a patronising joke vicar. He doesn't realise that what he regards as self evident isn't self evident at all so talks faster and louder to convince people.
 ianstevens 10 Jun 2016
In reply to Lusk:
I think he had a few valid points, just made them very poorly indeed. I thought it was nice to hear a point of view in the media from someone who actually wants further integration within the EU, rather than those attempting to pander to the concerns of the as-yet-undecided potential Brexit-ers who have so far dominated coverage. He also needs to learn how a debate works (i.e. when to shut up and listen rather than spout over the top of everyone else).
Post edited at 09:10

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...