UKC

Crag clean-ups

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 bpmclimb 10 Jun 2016
From the current selection of forums, which one is best for advertising/discussing organised crag clean-ups? Thanks
 whenry 10 Jun 2016
In reply to bpmclimb:

This one or Crag Access?
OP bpmclimb 10 Jun 2016
In reply to whenry:

Crag Access, Rocktalk ...... or perhaps Destinations?

Shame there isn't just one logical place: as things stand those posts are easy to overlook. I seem to remember a BMC Areas forum (or something like that), which was a little broader than just access, and which was the obvious forum for clean-ups.

I probably won't lose any sleep over it, though
 The Ivanator 10 Jun 2016
In reply to bpmclimb:

Is this with Wynd Cliff left crag in mind?
 jimjimjim 10 Jun 2016
In reply to bpmclimb:

While this thread is here I'll ask the question...
Wildcat is looking a bit over grown in places. What's the right thing to do to go about stripping some of the ivy back, I know the area is sssi bit think that's the crag bottom. Anyone know?
 whenry 10 Jun 2016
In reply to The Ivanator:

I thought maybe Staple Edge, or Ban y Gor Main Cliff...
 Offwidth 10 Jun 2016
In reply to bpmclimb:

Its Crag Access...which was Local Areas... which once was the old BMC forum (partly renamed to cover non BMC cleanups and similar events). They forgot to change the name on the destructions

" Local Areas
This forum is for discussion of issues relating to local areas. It can be for discussing ongoing access situations, for flagging up crag restoration and clean-up initiatives, and discussion relating to BMC Area Meetings. Please report any new access problems direct to the BMC."
 The Ivanator 10 Jun 2016
In reply to whenry:

Along with Wyndcliff left those sound like good targets for some TLC, did a little work at Staple Edge on my last visit, but that will have long since been consumed by brambles and leaf mould!
 whenry 10 Jun 2016

Yes - we did some gardening on The Quarry Effect, Butch and Sundance (the bottom few metres only), and the short HS's over to the right on Monday evening, but many more of the routes are in need of some TLC - it looked like Paperclip Slab had never seen an ascent.
 whenry 10 Jun 2016
In reply to jimjimjim:

I believe, but may be wrong, that the SSSI covers the ground and the crag; as far as the crag is concerned, the designation is for two varieties of lime tree. You'll probably be ok with some discreet and selective ivy pruning.
 Offwidth 10 Jun 2016
In reply to jimjimjim:

You will not get permission to strip ivy there. Peoples unknown have stipped ivy in this and other locations in the past.
 jimjimjim 10 Jun 2016
In reply to Offwidth:

Understood.
OP bpmclimb 11 Jun 2016

> Is this with Wynd Cliff left crag in mind?

No particular crag, actually - but I will gladly help with clean-ups, especially at LWV/FofD crags. I do some tidying up at Wynd Cliff on my own now and then - it's walking distance from my house.
 springfall2008 12 Jun 2016
In reply to bpmclimb:

I keep thinking I must bring a bow saw to Wynd Cliff to cut away the branches of the fallen tree which blocks the path to the left hand crag. I tried once with pruners but it was too dense...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...