UKC

Can you recognise this gritstone route?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 TonyB 10 Jun 2016
 Offwidth 10 Jun 2016
In reply to TonyB:
Button Wall, VD, at Stanage going left and avoiding the hard finish as per the topo line in the current BMC guide.
Post edited at 16:54
OP TonyB 10 Jun 2016
In reply to Offwidth:

Thank you so much. I've googled Button Wall and it absolutely matches up. Although I didn't take up climbing until 10 years later, I think this day played a pivotal part in my life. Since 1999 climbing has been an ever present hobby and for the last 5 years or so has probably become my only hobby. It's nice to know a time and a place where my interest in climbing started.
 Offwidth 10 Jun 2016
In reply to TonyB:

Your welcome.. encyclopedic knowledge of lower grade eastern edge climbs has to be good for something.
 Chris the Tall 10 Jun 2016
In reply to Offwidth:

Well done - better than me !
I knew it was that end of Stanage, somewhere around Mantlepiece Butress - something about the colour or the width of the breaks perhaps - but couldn't quite place it.
 TobyA 10 Jun 2016
In reply to TonyB:

I soloed that route on a very hot day in July 95, when I went and soloed an awful lot of easy routes on Stanage. I think it was my second visit to the crag. I was "in training" just before heading off to India where, as it turned out, the mountaineering was a total washout but I did meet the missus. And if I hadn't I wouldn't have then met you a decade later in Helsinki and started climbing with you, in which case we wouldn't need to be having another go at the Stanage VS Challenge this summer! You can nip up it solo as we go past. How's that for Karma or something?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...