UKC

Coffee - sensitive tummy/bowels

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 goldmember 11 Jun 2016
So i have a cuppa. From an aeropress, french press, moka pot, espresso machine, nescafe instant...

The results are the same my guts suffer for hours afterward. I can handle caffeine in tea and soft drinks but coffee hurts me badly, but i enjoy the taste. Decaff has the same effect.

Any ideas?
 marsbar 12 Jun 2016
In reply to goldmember:
I know that whatever it is in coffee that makes people poo, it is in normal and decaf. Perhaps just more extreme for you?
In reply to goldmember:

> Any ideas?

Stop drinking coffee...?

I can't drink real coffee after a meal; it makes me feel weird. So I don't. Luckily, I'm no coffee afficiondo.
 Neil Williams 12 Jun 2016
In reply to goldmember:

It's very bitter and acidic. Or you could be allergic to it in some way.
Naamah 14 Jun 2016
In reply to goldmember:

Have you tried Camp Coffee? Way old school or there's Inka - that's a polish type of coffee...

Lots of substitutes in health shops I'd imagine.
 humptydumpty 14 Jun 2016
In reply to goldmember:

Give up coffee. It'll still smell wonderful, and tempt you occasionally, but the aroma is far better than the taste, and the after-effects aren't worth it.
 Jack Gillespie 14 Jun 2016
In reply to goldmember:

Life without coffee is no life at all- I recommend suicide :-0
cb294 14 Jun 2016
In reply to goldmember:

Similar problems here. I switched to are more lightly roasted blend, and add some hot water (never milk!).

The alternative, less than six to eight or so cups a day, does not bear contemplating. I only function with a mug of coffee in my hand....

CB
 The Potato 15 Jun 2016
In reply to goldmember:
Barley cup is a fairly similar smell / taste, obviously not identical but better than drinking tea anyway.
edit - and if you still need a caffeine kick then take a pro plus aswell.
Post edited at 12:26
 Scarab9 15 Jun 2016
In reply to goldmember:

while i enjoy my coffee and at timesdrink quite alot, it does strike me that coffee addicts are oddly proud of their dependence.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...