UKC

full body harnesses for children age 7-12

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Mill_on_the_Brue 12 Jun 2016
Hey all, I have been trying to research a full body harness, suitable for centre use with children between the ages of about 7-12. We used to be able to get the petzl newtons in a very small size and they are perfect but I can't seem to find them any more. We have tried moving to the RGH adventure harnesses but a poorly positioned strap pulls the leg straps into the participants bum crack (for want of a better way of putting it!) so we avoid using them unless necessary. A solution must be found before we retire our old petzls. I have found lots of potentials (tomkitten/simba/bambino/vision/jungle etc.) but none have a load bearing dorsal attachment point that we prefer to use for our high rope activities. The only one's I can find are the edelrid fraggle which is too small. All the other junior harnesses seem to only have attachment points at the front. If anyone has any suggestions then please let me know.
Thank you
rock3gozy 13 Jun 2016
In reply to Mill_on_the_Brue:
We use the Newton size 0, any use? https://www.petzl.com/GB/en/Professional/Harnesses/NEWTON-EASYFIT-European-...

Sadly it doesn't seem to be available in the cheaper buckled version in that size..
Post edited at 15:25
 springfall2008 13 Jun 2016

I know places around here like Wild Place and the National Dive Centre have full body harnesses for older kids - maybe you could ask one of the centres which ones they use?
 Tom the tall 13 Jun 2016
No use on the harness, but seeing your post brings back great memories of a few summer trips to your spot as a kid. Recall our instructor breaking his leg grass tobogganing with the whole group sat on him (probably against the rules!) This must have been mid eighties? Seems a long time ago now!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...