UKC

Outdoor bouldering near cirencester

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ford23 14 Jun 2016
Hello,

Have just moved to Cirencester in the Cotswolds. Someone mentioned there is a small area of boulders quite near than can have some decent bouldering on, does anyone know the name/location of these?
thanks
 zimpara 14 Jun 2016
Haresfield Beacon
In reply to ford23:

Greasy Prusiks 14 Jun 2016
In reply to ford23:

+1 to Haresfield. Also gandalfs crag for hard grades.
OP ford23 14 Jun 2016
In reply to Greasy Prusiks:

Cheers
 Stu McInnes 14 Jun 2016
In reply to ford23:

Cleeve Hill above Cheltenham.
 Asher Collins 14 Jun 2016
In reply to ford23:
I'm local basically you've got...

Gandalfs crag (hard bouldering)
Haresfield beacon and Haresfield quarry (good bouldering and highball stuff)

Those three are within walking distance of each other.

Cleeve hill is just north east of Cheltenham (short trad routes and some bouldering)

Then further away is The Forest of Dean (mostly trad but probably some bouldering somewhere)

Oh and Leckhampton hill if you want a huge dose of choss.

Hope that helps,
Asher
Post edited at 21:48
 Oogachooga 14 Jun 2016
In reply to Asher Collins:
Can somone tell me how the f#@k to find Gandalfs. Been to Haresfield a million times and fed up with walking around in bushes all day trying to find a rock!

Cheers if you can

Edit: I thought it was supposed to be in the square ish copse just after the round marker thing (if walking from Harefield crag)
Post edited at 23:26
 Asher Collins 15 Jun 2016
In reply to Oogachooga:
It's a bugger to find. If you start at the car park and head out to the round map table thing you've then got a slope down to fields in front of you. Go a little way down the slope and then turn right into the trees, it's really not far inside the wood and is relatively close to the top of the hill.

Post edited at 08:10
 whenry 15 Jun 2016
In reply to Asher Collins:

Whilst that's the quickest way, I failed to find it the first few times I tried that way. The easier way is to turn right out of the car park, and walk along the wall to the wood, and then walk through the woods to the left (i.e. following the valley contours). After a few hundred yards you'll start to see the small outcrops that are Gandalfs.
 Oogachooga 15 Jun 2016
In reply to whenry:

Cheers guys much appriciated! Will take some photos on route and try and get them up on the ukc page for easier finding.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...