UKC

Recommend me a Personal Trainer - Herefordshire/Monmouthshire?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Sven 14 Jun 2016
Ok so its finally time to admit that I've plateaued and after careful consideration am getting all I can out of my pathetic, slightly broken and increasingly tired body. I do work out in the gym, cycle and swim all irregularly and I suspect 'sub-optimally' and so I'm looking for external validation and somebody to kick me up the bum:

Can anybody please recommend me a personal trainer in Herefordshire/Monmouthshire/Wye Valley area please? Preferably one with some climbing experience? I've looked on the web but rather unsuccessfully.

Thanks in advance,

Sven
 Murderous_Crow 28 Jun 2016
In reply to Sven:

Hi.

The UKSCA is the only register for strength and conditioning professionals in the UK; being coached by a registered member represents a significant step up in terms of quality over the average PT.

I did a search of their coach database centred on Ross on Wye; there's no-one registered in the 'HR' postcode area. But there are a few in the Cardiff and Gloucester areas. Likewise Bristol. It's not the best database in terms of providing contact details admittedly, but couple it up with Google and you'll find a few candidates.

http://www.uksca.org.uk/find-a-coach.asp

A few sessions with such a coach would be worth travelling for, in my opinion. You'd undergo a thorough assessment, and a plan would be made bearing in mind your goals aspirations and abilities. This would address all the various aspects of fitness, but perhaps most importantly will include key injury prevention strategies and exercises to allow you to continue to improve for many years. Teach someone to fish, and all that.

HTH,

Luke

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...