UKC

Election Fraud

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 krikoman 15 Jun 2016

Sorry if it's been done before. ( I did search, honest )

Should this be given more publicity?

Why hasn't it?

https://www.facebook.com/PeterStefanovicJuniorDoctors/videos/24171381954458...

and more to the point what do we do about it?
Post edited at 11:57
 humptydumpty 15 Jun 2016
In reply to krikoman:

What's in the video (no facebook)?
OP krikoman 15 Jun 2016
In reply to humptydumpty:

It's about the irregularities in funding during the election ( Tories breaking the law ) and the lack of publicity of this issue.

If proven true then the last election should be null and void. the conservatives have tried to block police investigations and only Channel 4 news seem to be reporting it.
In reply to krikoman:

It gets reported on BBC but only at a local level http://www.bbc.co.uk/search?q=election%20fraud

Makes you wonder why it is not making more headlines. It has the potential to totally de-rail the government.
OP krikoman 15 Jun 2016
In reply to Bjartur i Sumarhus:

> Is this what you're talking about?

Is that supposed to be an argument that it has been widely publicised?

Why not on the BBC and ITV television news, what is stopping it being broadcast? This is where most people get their news from, after-all.
 Scarab9 15 Jun 2016
In reply to krikoman:

weeeell it has had a reasonable amount of coverage on the major news sites. Issue is that the Tories are keeping quiet about it rather than spouting crap every two mins, so when it comes to constant news updates you're not going to see much more until the police finish their investigation. I can see the point that compared to say the EU referendum (where LOTS of crap is being spouted) it seems a bit buried.

What we do about it...if you mean personally then get on the petitions to show youc are and that may help push the police to investigate faster and push more..not much more for now. As a country what's being done? The police are investigating. Once they come to a conclusion we'll see. In theory we could see some big action like a forced re'election or at least re-votes for relevant MPs on a local level. Personally I'm expecting very little to happen and all of it way too late due to how long things take to happen which is frustrating
In reply to krikoman:

Only in the sense that you posted a facebook page (which I can't read) and another poster said it was only on BBC at local level. So I pointed out it was widely reported about a month ago in most of the mainstream sites. Agree it's dropped off the headlines though...prob something to do with a referendum
 balmybaldwin 15 Jun 2016
In reply to krikoman:

It has been on the BBC TV news plenty - just not given blanket coverage. As I understand it it's not exactly black and white, and is down to some sort of accountancy/expesnses issue (something about charging what should be considered "local" costs centrally or vice versa). Sounds like a storm in a teacup, and nothing like the sort of frauds that previously have hit the headlines (like the lent votes in Bradford etc)
OP krikoman 15 Jun 2016
In reply to balmybaldwin:
> Sounds like a storm in a teacup, and nothing like the sort of frauds that previously have hit the headlines (like the lent votes in Bradford etc)

It might seem like a storm in a tea-cup they way it's been reported (which was the whole point of my posting), but if the law was broken during the election campaign , then that would mean the election might be null and void. In which case one could either presume the election was won fraudulently or we'd have another election or both, both pretty big issues I would have thought.

I've only seen it mentioned once on the BBC television news, with no follow up.
Post edited at 16:36
 maxsmith 15 Jun 2016
In reply to krikoman:

The story made front page of DMirror May 6th.. hasn't been covered by other pro-Tory papers for obvious reasons.
 Yanis Nayu 15 Jun 2016
In reply to krikoman:

I'd heard about it.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...