UKC

Hard and Classic Rock

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Hood 15 Jun 2016
Earlier this afternoon I was in the Oxfam shop in Hale Barns (South Manchester for those who don't know). There were copies of Hard Rock (2nd edition) and Classic Rock (1st edition) for £2.49 & £2.99; both in really nice condition.

Unless someone has picked them up in the last couple of hours then they are still there (I already have copies).

Unfortunately no copy of Extreme Rock.

Just thought this was timely with the recent sad passing of Ken.
 Pedro50 15 Jun 2016
In reply to Michael Hood:

Durham Oxfam have a couple in the series as well
 planetmarshall 16 Jun 2016

Not there anymore! Cheers for the tip. So cheap I felt a bit guilty and gave them a donation.

Well spotted. Classic Rock is fairly easy to pick up cheap from online booksellers but I have only seen one copy of Hard Rock for less than £25 in the last 3-4 years

In case anyone is interested Big Walks and Classic Walks are both available, multiple copies, for £2.81 including postage from sellers on Amazon marketplace. Wild Walks is will cost a bit more currently.
OP Michael Hood 16 Jun 2016
In reply to planetmarshall: glad someone's managed to take advantage of these classics.

OP Michael Hood 16 Jun 2016
In reply to The Ex-Engineer: I thought about that but the amount I might have made selling them on, plus packaging and sending hassles; didn't feel like a life changing amount.

Better to let someone else get the benefit of these excellent books.

I actually think they're much better than Extreme Rock which I think is the worst of them. Too many routes in each chapter somehow spoils the format a bit.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...