UKC

What has Tim Peake done for us?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Lemming 17 Jun 2016
Hasn't he done well!

And in true Monty Python style, what has Tim Peake done for the UK?
Ferret 17 Jun 2016
In reply to The Lemming:

Never mind what he's done for us - what has he done on grit?
 sbc_10 17 Jun 2016
In reply to Ferret:

> Never mind what he's done for us - what has he done above grit?

Fixed that one for you ?

ianstevens 17 Jun 2016
In reply to The Lemming:

Filled the news with annoying shit for the past few months?
 summo 17 Jun 2016
In reply to The Lemming:

you can hope he has inspired a few people, even just 10% of kids to take an interest in science, but that really depends how much he does once back on earth, visiting schools. Granted most kids who do maths and science won't be astronauts, but in their life time space travel is likely to change dramatically and given the UK has a fairly decent space industry, it should try and remain ahead of it's competitors in some sectors.

A televised landing in all schools would have helped, but landing on a Saturday is pretty inconsiderate of them.
In reply to The Lemming:

I did try to get an interview with him after hearing he is a keen walker and climber. He also seemed to be posting lots of photos of mountain ranges from space! Unsurprisingly, our attempt at Tweeting at him was met with no response... Maybe in 6 months' time!
 Babika 17 Jun 2016
In reply to The Lemming:

All nice fluffy, uncontroversial stuff. I assume his legacy for the UK will be pretty similar to Dr Helen Sharman.
Except, of course, getting to something second is never quite as memorable as the first ascent.....
 john arran 17 Jun 2016
In reply to Natalie Berry - UKC:

Maybe he took offence at being called Tim Peaks
 Yanis Nayu 17 Jun 2016
In reply to Babika:

> All nice fluffy, uncontroversial stuff. I assume his legacy for the UK will be pretty similar to Dr Helen Sharman.

> Except, of course, getting to something second is never quite as memorable as the first ascent.....

Indeed. Funny how she was forgotten.
OP The Lemming 18 Jun 2016
In reply to The Lemming:

On his way back down.
 marsbar 18 Jun 2016
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

I understand she got fed up with it all and wanted some peace and quiet. Don't blame her.

I haven't forgotten her, saw her speak when I was at school, very inspiring.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...