UKC

Trad climbing/multipitch shoes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
hi,
I am largely a sport climber so have a pair of La sportive women's solutions which fit perfectly and I don't mind the slight discomfort when only wear them for short periods. However, could somebody recommend a relatively inexpensive trad climbing shoe.
As I will be visiting wales and while on previous years have just climbed in la sportive vcs muiras (but they are beyond repair and even they were not practical on long multipitches) and would like a more practical shoe.
Sorry, have to ask as there are mixed reviews out their on the edging potential and comfort of many of these shoes to fit a low volume foot.
many thanks
 kermit_uk 17 Jun 2016
In reply to Climbpenguin:

Tenaya Masai are great, size them right and they are comfy enough to not take off all day and won't restrict you no matter how techy stuff gets. Pretty narrow low volume boot too.
 alasdair19 17 Jun 2016

there was. a pretty good review on here recently. personal favourite is sportiva mythos but I've slightly weird feet. v12 open early...
Removed User 18 Jun 2016

Just get another pair -one size up.
I wear La Sportiva Solutions Size 42 for performance & 43 for multipitch
 Fraser 18 Jun 2016

Have you tried the Miura (yes Miura, not Muira - why does everyone do that?) lace-ups? They're quite a different fit to the VCRs. If you're looking for a low volume shoe, these would fit the bill, as would the Mythos, which are super comfy and can be worn all day without any discomfort. The Miuras would be better for edging than the Mythos.
 climbwhenready 18 Jun 2016
Mythos would be the traditional answer, especially if you already get on with La Sportiva.
Post edited at 15:19
 Ban1 19 Jun 2016

I had miura lace ups on a long multi pitch and they wasn't too bad. Just take them off between pitches.
I also have a pair of bandits but they didn't inspire me to use small holds

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...