UKC

best pembroke guide ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 cliff shasby 18 Jun 2016
Just wondering which guidebook is best for pemboke if your only buying one guide,i see bmc does loads but i just want a general guide thats easy use and has good topos/approach decsriptions etc.

cheers cliff...
 RhysRolfe 18 Jun 2016
In reply to cliff shasby:

I rate the Rockfax guide, i haven't used anything else but i think its plenty for occasional visits, good topos and description including how to get to the crag and where to abseil etc but if i lived nearby i think i would get the local climbers club guide.

The "Wired" selected climbs guide is excellent (produced by Climbers' Club who produced the five volume definitive guides).
 John2 18 Jun 2016

I'd vote for the 'Wired' guide as well. 1000 routes, and produced by the area's premier activists.
 flaneur 18 Jun 2016

The Wired guide is excellent and a clear choice over the RockFax.

misterb 18 Jun 2016

another vote for wired
 ERU 18 Jun 2016
The CC Wired Guide here too.

bonebag 18 Jun 2016

Yep, the wired guide is the one I have. Excellent!
 Dave Williams 18 Jun 2016

Hi Cliff.

I think you must have got the message by now. With over 1000 routes, the Wired guide is the one to have. It's a very impressive piece of work.

Cheers
Dave

PS Even though it was only 3 and a bit months ago, Norway seems a long time ago now ....

Rock fax was the one to get for a good selected climbs guide, but the new wired guide is better, more upto date, and gives some of the routes I have climbed a harder grade, so is now the obvious choice.

Of course, if you are climbing there a lot, or only visiting one area, the definitive CC guides are the way to go.

OP cliff shasby 19 Jun 2016
In reply to Dave Williams:

It does seem like ages ago,hope you can come again with us.
Looks like i need to buy the wired one then..

thanks for all the replys peeps...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...