UKC

Beinn an Dothaidh NE Corrie approach

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Andy Nisbet 19 Jun 2016
Folks,
A guidebook question. For the approach to Beinn an Dothaidh NE Corrie (with Taxus and others), has the path across the moor from the new car park become established or are folk still going via the farm. Which way did you go in the last couple of years?
Cheers, Andy Nisbet
 LakesWinter 19 Jun 2016
In reply to Andy Nisbet:

We went across the moor from the new parking in February. We didn't go to the farm. There wasn't much of a track on the new approach, bits of path only and the going was typical of the trackless bits of those hills - boggy, slippery but not too bad.
In reply to Andy Nisbet:

Via the new approach.
OP Andy Nisbet 19 Jun 2016
In reply to Andy Clarke1965:

Thanks. Looks like the new approach works. Anyone else?
 BnB 19 Jun 2016
In reply to Andy Nisbet:

Been three times in the last two winters across the moor rather than through the farm. Doesn't feel too bad in the morning but it's a grim trudge back in the dark through the bog!!
 joe.91 19 Jun 2016
In reply to Andy Nisbet:

I went up over the moor, then hopped over the railway.
 Heike 19 Jun 2016
In reply to Andy Nisbet:
It's now across the moor. Boggy and adds 10 minutes, but hey. The path from the new car park is now well established.
Post edited at 21:17
 drsdave 19 Jun 2016

In reply to LakesWinter
120 mins I seem to remember, bit quicker on the return leg
Post edited at 21:46
OP Andy Nisbet 19 Jun 2016
In reply to Andy Nisbet:

Thanks all. I'm happy it's by the new path.
 Lamb 20 Jun 2016
In reply to Andy Nisbet:

It's definitely via the new 'path' and not the new landrover track up the other side of the burn. However it is a proper manky bog squelch of a path. Which does result in at least one Laurel and Hardy moment for one of you on the way back to the car.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...