UKC

Euro road trip advice

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Gerry Narkowicz 21 Jun 2016
I am an Aussie coming over for 6 month road trip next year between April and October...could people please give me advice on the must visit areas in Europe and some logistics of the sequence of places I should visit, transport etc, and cheapest way of doing it. I've been to Siruana, then travelled south to Chulilla, Costa Blanca and El Chorro before, but that's all I've been to in Europe. I don't mind sport climbing, but especially like big alpine rock routes. In my research so far, I'm thinking Kalymnos, Verdon, Northern Spain - Riglos and Pico de Europa, UK - Pembroke, Cloggy, Gritstone, Fairhead; Chamonix, Ceuse, Switzerland and Dolomites and the granite in northern Italy. Whee should I start the trip..UK and buy a car and just dirtbag and sleep in the car through Europe? Thanks for your help
 HeMa 21 Jun 2016
In reply to Gerry Narkowicz:

> Where should I start the trip. UK and buy a car and just dirtbag and sleep in the car through Europe?

Yes, though buy a small panel van so you can discreetly sleep inside and stash all your gear in there. Even though public transport is pretty good in Yurp, it's a hassle to travel a lot (and being mobile due to the weather), not to mention luggin' all climbing and camping gear.

Long term rental cars might be also an option... but what ever you do, is get a good insurance, so that when your gear gets stolen, you can buy new stuff and not loose many days...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...