UKC

Great Debate on BBC

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
m0unt41n 21 Jun 2016
Amazing coincidence that both sides have managed to put up 3 people each whose mouths work but ears don't.
 Greasy Prusiks 21 Jun 2016
In reply to m0unt41n:

Who do you think is winning? Like if you think people will be convinced to vote remain, dislike if you think people will be convinced to vote leave.
 IPPurewater 21 Jun 2016
In reply to m0unt41n:

> Amazing coincidence that both sides have managed to put up 3 people each whose mouths work but ears don't.

They are called politicians !
 Cú Chullain 21 Jun 2016
This is the worst episode of 'Take me Out' I have ever seen.
Jim C 21 Jun 2016
In reply to m0unt41n:
It is a waste of time having an audience of supporters on either side, most have made their mind up, better to have all undecided, it would be more interesting.

bouldery bits 21 Jun 2016
In reply to Cú Chullain:

> This is the worst episode of 'Take me Out' I have ever seen.

Genius.
 balmybaldwin 21 Jun 2016
In reply to Jim C:

Yes, the whole point in a debate is approaching it with an open mind. Otherwise it just descends into a shouting match like this.
Removed User 21 Jun 2016
In reply to m0unt41n:

From the Guardian live coverage: "The exchanges bear so little relation to the questions that one wonders why Dimbleby bothers to ask them."
 Jon Stewart 21 Jun 2016
In reply to m0unt41n:

That was horrible. Sounded like one bunch of people attempting, painfully, to make normal evidence-based pragmatism sound passionate and sexy, while the others successfully stirred up emotion with meaningless nationalist rhetoric. Awful.
 balmybaldwin 21 Jun 2016
In reply to Jon Stewart:
> That was horrible. Sounded like one bunch of people attempting, painfully, to make normal evidence-based pragmatism sound passionate and sexy, while the others successfully stirred up emotion with meaningless nationalist rhetoric. Awful.

Agreed. It's Personalities and baseless promises against rational thought.

I have a terrible feeling about the way this might go
Post edited at 21:56
 Greasy Prusiks 21 Jun 2016
In reply to balmybaldwin:

If we do leave and it all goes A over T (I think it will) I am preparing the biggest I told you so for Nigel ect in recent history.
Removed User 21 Jun 2016
In reply to Greasy Prusiks:

> If we do leave and it all goes A over T (I think it will) I am preparing the biggest I told you so for Nigel ect in recent history.

Boris has said if Brexit leads to recession he will apologise personally on TV. So that's fine then.
In reply to m0unt41n:

Great Debate on BBC ???????????????those were the days my friend
I think it all started to go wrong when the BBc took to interviewing its own corespondents, at that point the sound bite arrived and any hope of inparchell informed searching and considered debate disappeared.
The same could be said when I post on UKC?
 Pete Pozman 21 Jun 2016
In reply to Name Changed 34:

My mind is made up. This is what I'm thinking now:
"Take Control! Take Control!Take Control! Take Control!Take Control! Take Control!Take Control! Take Control!Take Control! Take Control!
INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!!!! HUZZAHH!!!
 balmybaldwin 21 Jun 2016
In reply to Name Changed 34:

The problem is they think giving a balanced view means presenting what opposing sides say as equally valid.

This is part of what leads to people thinking society's gone to pot and there are extremist everywhere they never take in the view of the middle ground (it's not exciting enough) and don't take into account how popular certain views are it gives the impression that a view is more popular than it is.
 Pete Pozman 22 Jun 2016
In reply to balmybaldwin:

Oh I forgot about "PROJECT FEAR...etc etc
Remain need to grab hold of PROJECT HATE. It seems slogans are what's winning "the argument ".It might just get some Leavers to look around and see the sort of person they are lining up with.
I'm watching Boris again.
Just generalised assertions that things are going to be marvellous when we take back control.
 icnoble 22 Jun 2016
In reply to Greasy Prusiks:

Likewise if we vote to remain and it goes A over T (and I am sure it will) I have already prepared I told you so for my friends and family.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...