UKC

Have I just destroyed my Fuji XE2 ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Dave 21 Jun 2016
I had a spot appearing on images, thought it was some dust or something on the sensor that wasn't removed with the camera sensor cleaning function. So - decided to use a can of compressed gas air duster to blow it off. A big blob of something came out of the can landed on the sensor and despite the promised 'leaves no residue or condensate' there is now a faint film of something on one part of the sensor. Can they be cleaned in other ways ? Replaced ? I'm kicking myself..
Removed User 21 Jun 2016
In reply to Dave:

The sensor has a glass covering which is what has the residue left on it, a good (proper) clean will probably sort it. It is unlikely the sensor itself is damaged from behind the glass.
OP Dave 21 Jun 2016
In reply to Removed User:

Sounds promising .. How to clean it properly, wipe it with alcohol or distilled water ?
 AdrianC 21 Jun 2016
In reply to Dave:

There was a thread about sensor cleaning on here some time ago (maybe 18 months or so?) but one contributor really seemed to know his or her onions on the subject. I think they cleaned sensors bigger than the rest of us can dream about for a living. Might be worth a search?
OP Dave 21 Jun 2016
In reply to Removed User:

Thanks - I should have read the never use canned air part
OP Dave 27 Jun 2016
In reply to Dave:

A follow up. Had it cleaned at a decent camera shop for 40 Eur and all is good.
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 27 Jun 2016
In reply to Dave:

That would have been my advice from the beginning but you appeared to be on a mission! Good news anyway,

Chris

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...