UKC

Driving through Calais

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ozbaker 22 Jun 2016
Hi folks, has anyone driven through Calais recently? Are people having any issues still?
I'll be coming back from a holliday with my young family by ferry in the early hours and just wondered what the protest/migrant situation is like now? Can't do anything to change it but good to know in advance you know.
Thanks all.
 Tony the Blade 23 Jun 2016
In reply to ozbaker:

I drove through Calais last week, in a luton van.

No issues as the 20' high barbed wire topped fence, coupled with cops with guns on every corner seems to have done the trick.

FWIW I found it quite upsetting, seeing human beings hanging around hoping to jump into a foreign country where they are not wanted. All so very sad.
 marsbar 23 Jun 2016
In reply to ozbaker:

I too found it upsetting. Was advised to avoid supermarket car parks as reports of people trying to hide in Uk cars. You may have to get everyone out of the car and through border control on foot which is a pain and takes longer. The football may also mean things take longer.
 natehd9 23 Jun 2016
In reply to ozbaker:

I came back through the Chunnel on Monday, besides the monumental amount of traffic it all seemed quite quiet.
 jcw 23 Jun 2016
In reply to natehd9:
So did I. 6 hrs hanging around plus a puncture. Huge hold ups with security checks for passports plus Le Mans. Only compensation I was so late I was able to go round the M 25 at max speed without a single hold up: a new experience,
Post edited at 18:35
OP ozbaker 25 Jun 2016
In reply to ozbaker:

Thanks for the replies all.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...