UKC

105 / Ultegra brake blocks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 GrahamD 23 Jun 2016
Hi, heading off on a bike holiday in a week's time and I wanted to take some spare blocks for my 105 and my wife's Ultegra. Ideally I'd like to just get a set of compatible blocks but I'm not really sure what the differences are between the blocks, even within the Shimano range. Any words of wisdom ? thanks
 IMA 23 Jun 2016
In reply to GrahamD:

if you mean pad/block then not much if from the same era (eg 5800/6800 etc), but generally I'd move away from them and get a pair of Koolstops, or swissstop if you want to spend a fortune.

The Koolstops will fit the shoes of 5700/5800 and 6800 (from experience) they do run a colour code for the type of weather. I do ride the salmon colour all year with no cares and find them no worse than the black in the dry.
 Dark-Cloud 29 Jun 2016
In reply to IMA:

I second the KoolStop, much better then the original shimano ones, the mixed ones are good but is its for summer then black is fine:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/kool-stop-dura-aceultegra105-pair-of-cartridge-inse...
Grim 30 Jun 2016
In reply to GrahamD:

Koolstop Dura blocks were an absolute lifesaver on the Whitton. They were (and still are) noticeably better than anything else I've used. Love the wee squeegee on the lead edge to slough off water and grime- thought it would be a gimmick but a light feathering and, hey presto, clean rims!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...