UKC

FRI NIGHT VID: The Needles in 360° with Alex Honnold

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 24 Jun 2016
Alex Honnold , 3 kbThis week's Friday Night Video is something a bit different - a 360° virtual reality film of The Needles in Sequoia National Forest, USA with none other than Alex Honnold as a tour guide.

Click and drag points on the video frame to spin around 360° and explore the landscape.

Read more
thigbee 24 Jun 2016
In reply to UKC News:

The Needles area is definitely not in Canyonlands National Park, which is some 500 miles away in Utah. The Needles are in Sequoia National Forest.
In reply to thigbee:
I stand corrected - the video producers' site https://www.jauntvr.com/title/2bcc9fd191 mentions Canyonlands National Park, which is where I (and some other news sites) have picked this up from!
Post edited at 21:41
In reply to UKC News:

That was a really fun video! Using the 360 camera to pan up and down the walls that Honnold is climbing kinda gives you a cool sense of being there.

I dunno, I thought it was fun.
 Fraser 25 Jun 2016
In reply to UKC News:

I've just finished reading 'Alone on the Wall' so this is very timely. I have a lot of respect for Honnold, moreso after reading the book. I'd also recommend watching the videos of him climbing 'Sender Luminoso' in Peru and the one in Chad, where he teams up with James Pearson.
In reply to UKC News:

Wow, very cool!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...