UKC

MSR fuel bottles/Primus fuel bottles

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Roberttaylor 25 Jun 2016
I will be using an MSR XGK in a week or so, I've got a 330ml Primus fuel bottle. I assume that the screw tops are the same size and that the bottles can be used interchangeably between brands, however I'm a bit paranoid. Are they both the same size fitting?

It's going to be great when we are back to measuring everything in groats and ells and fathoms.

Robert
 LastBoyScout 25 Jun 2016
In reply to Roberttaylor:

IIRC they are not the same - I think the MSR ones are narrower, so they are not interchangable.

Pretty sure Primus and Trangia have the same size threads as Sigg bottles, although haven't checked for some time.
 gethin_allen 25 Jun 2016
In reply to Roberttaylor:

I thing there is more standardisation that Robert thinks, I have a generic fuel bottle that I'm quite certain is identical to my old sig bottle that is no more and I use it with a MSR whisperlite stove.
from this website:-
http://adventuresinstoving.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/how-much-white-gas-do-i-n...
"A note on fuel bottles: MSR, Sigg, Primus, Optimus, Snow Peak, and Brunton fuel bottles all have the same threads and are generally interchangeable. However, you should always test your particular stove with the particular fuel bottle you intend to use before your trip. My Primus pump fits in my MSR fuel bottle, but the opposite is not true: My MSR pump does not fit in my Primus bottle. The threads on the Primus bottle are compatible, but the threads start down too low in the neck of the bottle for my MSR pump to engage."
 wbo 25 Jun 2016
In reply to Roberttaylor: Mrs WBO says no, not compatible, but I use a primus bottle on my Msr

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...