UKC

Bird nesting

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 pulseroom 26 Jun 2016
Chee Dale Upper

There's a Grey Wagtail nesting on the bottom ramp line of the 6a+ version of Max Pact and the 6c+ 'The Max Works'. The nest is hidden and has four eggs in it. We unknowingly climbed up there today and scared the bird off the nest, it went back on when we down climbed and left. I think it'll def abandon the nest if several people climb up there. Grey Wagtails are on the 'Red' conservation list meaning they've suffered severe declines over recent years, so please don't climb near these routes and ideally not near there either. Anyone know who the Access/ Conservation Officer for BMC is for Cheedale? Share the word, would hate to see these little guys abandon their nest... thanks
 veteye 26 Jun 2016
In reply to pulseroom:

Didn't know that they had declined, yet when I think about it I haven't seen so many in recent times. Nevertheless there are a couple near my business near Peterborough, which is in a small commercial unit/shop area. So they do not seem to be unduly bothered by humans in that respect, but I don't think that anybody would be as close as you climbing up that route.

So I hope that people stay away.
Jim C 26 Jun 2016
In reply to pulseroom:

> There's a Grey Wagtail nesting on the bottom ramp line of the 6a+ version of Max Pact and the 6c+ 'The Max Works'. The nest is hidden and has four eggs in it. We unknowingly climbed up there today and scared the bird off the nest, it went back on when we down climbed and left. I think it'll def abandon the nest if several people climb up there. Grey Wagtails are on the 'Red' conservation list meaning they've suffered severe declines over recent years, so please don't climb near these routes and ideally not near there either. Anyone know who the Access/ Conservation Officer for BMC is for Cheedale? Share the word, would hate to see these little guys abandon their nest... thanks

What a nice interlude from some the other threads, I'm feeling quite chipper now that with all our other problems that we are genuinely interested in saving nesting birds.
 veteye 26 Jun 2016
In reply to Jim C:

well put it to the top of the list then.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...