UKC

UK loses triple AAA rating 'straight after' Brexit

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Timmd 27 Jun 2016

As near as damn it straight after.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36644934

Next comes the reduction in living standards?

Post edited at 21:16
 MG 27 Jun 2016
In reply to Timmd:

It's great this isn't it? In 3 days we have had

Stock market collapses worldwide
Pound collapsed
Credit rating reduced
Prime minister resigned
Shadow cabinet resigned
Shadow leader *not* resigned
Scotland wanting to leave UK
NI destabilised
Jobs moving overseas
The rest of Europe thinking we are f*ckwits

Brexiteers must be so pleased and proud of themselves. The ignorant, arrogant, lying, self-serving, xenophobic shits.
OP Timmd 27 Jun 2016
In reply to MG:
I wouldn't like to paint them all in the same negative way (I don't do that about any group), but it's definitely bad.
Post edited at 21:32
 RomTheBear 27 Jun 2016
In reply to MG:

All of that so that one idiot could become PM.
 Tony the Blade 27 Jun 2016
In reply to MG:

At least we've got our country back.
 wintertree 27 Jun 2016
In reply to MG:

> The ignorant, arrogant, lying, self-serving, xenophobic shits.

Wow. That's a third of the adult population told. As a keen remain voter I can't help but wonder how much of the blame lies at the feet of people like you insulting, belittling and dismissing one third of the population instead of listening to their concerns.

Edit: keep the dislikes coming. Yes, this is bad. Really bad. Still, it's bringing out the ugly true colours from many people, and not just on the leave side. Unfocused anger that lays into a significant fraction of the population has as little place in fixing this as those launching racist abuse on people in the street.
Post edited at 21:31
 Yanis Nayu 27 Jun 2016
In reply to MG:

We've gone from saviours of the world to international pariahs in 70 years, with most of it happening overnight.
abseil 27 Jun 2016
In reply to MG:

> It's great this isn't it? In 3 days we have had.... Stock market collapses worldwide....

And don't forget Chocolate Oranges going from 175 gms. to 157 gms. Whatever next?
 MG 27 Jun 2016
In reply to wintertree:

I was, very polite beforehand. Too late now.
 MG 27 Jun 2016
In reply to abseil:

Good point.
 Badgers 27 Jun 2016
In reply to MG:

Yes but we've taken back control from those evil ones who wished to trade with us and thought we should have some common rules to make it fair. So you see, we've won really.....
 Ridge 27 Jun 2016
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

> We've gone from saviours of the world to international pariahs in 70 years, with most of it happening overnight.

We've been pretty much despised across the globe for years because we got involved in Iraq, didn't get involved in Syria, not denounced Israel, sent troops into NI & the Falklands, involvement in slavery, the British Empire.... It's nothing new
In reply to MG:

Probably best to keep the insults online behind your mnemonic . A lot safer than actually expressing them like that in public because i reckon you would find yourself quickly back peddling whilst apologising . Not a good look
 arch 27 Jun 2016
In reply to MG:

> It's great this isn't it? In 3 days we have had

> Stock market collapses worldwide

> Pound collapsed

> Credit rating reduced

> Prime minister resigned

> Shadow cabinet resigned

> Shadow leader *not* resigned

> Scotland wanting to leave UK

> NI destabilised

> Jobs moving overseas

> The rest of Europe thinking we are f*ckwits

> Brexiteers must be so pleased and proud of themselves. The ignorant, arrogant, lying, self-serving, xenophobic shits.

Change the record FFS. You're starting to sound like an old woman.
 MG 27 Jun 2016
In reply to arch:
> Change the record FFS. You're starting to sound like an old woman.

No, I'm sounding like someon whose country is being destroyed by the above types. What have you got against old women.
Post edited at 22:10
 Yanis Nayu 27 Jun 2016
In reply to arch:

What's wrong with old women?
Gone for good 27 Jun 2016
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

They probably voted Brexit.
 Yanis Nayu 27 Jun 2016
In reply to arch:

By the way, you do realise that we're not debating how Gareth Gates was robbed in Pop Idol?
 Tyler 27 Jun 2016
In reply to arch:

I thought most old women were in favour of Brexit?
OP Timmd 27 Jun 2016
In reply to arch:

Nice level of discussion there. :-|
 arch 27 Jun 2016
In reply to Timmd:

Thank you.

Not quite as good as ignorant, arrogant, lying, self-serving, xenophobic shits, but I try.
 Big Ger 27 Jun 2016
In reply to MG:
> Brexiteers must be so pleased and proud of themselves. The ignorant, arrogant, lying, self-serving, xenophobic shits.

There you have one big reason why "Remain" lost.
Post edited at 22:24
Jim C 27 Jun 2016
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

> What's wrong with old women?

Nothing , I lunch out with one most Sundays.
( pity at times I'm not sure she knows who I am)
 John_Hat 27 Jun 2016
In reply to MG:

I think you might have overdone that a smidgeon. I take exception to the "lying".

"Lied to", I would agree.

P.S. I voted remain.
pasbury 27 Jun 2016
In reply to Timmd:

F*ck, this is pretty bad actually.
KevinD 27 Jun 2016
In reply to Bjartur i Sumarhus:

> Probably best to keep the insults online behind your mnemonic . A lot safer than actually expressing them like that in public because i reckon you would find yourself quickly back peddling whilst apologising .

Or do a Boris as its better known.
Actually my mistake I missed the apologising as opposed to just blustering.

Babika 27 Jun 2016
In reply to wintertree:

> Wow. That's a third of the adult population told. As a keen remain voter I can't help but wonder how much of the blame lies at the feet of people like you insulting, belittling and dismissing one third of the population instead of listening to their concerns.

> Edit: keep the dislikes coming. Yes, this is bad. Really bad. Still, it's bringing out the ugly true colours from many people, and not just on the leave side. Unfocused anger that lays into a significant fraction of the population has as little place in fixing this as those launching racist abuse on people in the street.

Really well said.

It seems that Jo Cox's legacy to spread love rather than hate evaporated in a heartbeat. I have been embarrassed, saddened and unable to comprehend the horrible statements coming out of Remain voters over the last few days. Collectively they seem to have become a baying, jeering crowd.
At its most charitable it's rude and discourteous, less charitably it is ugly and worrying.
Jim C 27 Jun 2016
In reply to Timmd:

> Nice level of discussion there. :-|

Handbags at dawn
 Yanis Nayu 27 Jun 2016
In reply to John_Hat:

> I think you might have overdone that a smidgeon. I take exception to the "lying".

> "Lied to", I would agree.

> P.S. I voted remain.

Depends if by Brexiteers he was referring to Johnson, Gove and Farage rather than Leave voters. If so, it's hard to disagree.
 Yanis Nayu 27 Jun 2016
In reply to Babika:

> Really well said.

> It seems that Jo Cox's legacy to spread love rather than hate evaporated in a heartbeat. I have been embarrassed, saddened and unable to comprehend the horrible statements coming out of Remain voters over the last few days. Collectively they seem to have become a baying, jeering crowd.

> At its most charitable it's rude and discourteous, less charitably it is ugly and worrying.

Talk about missing the point.
OP Timmd 27 Jun 2016
In reply to arch:
> Thank you.

> Not quite as good as ignorant, arrogant, lying, self-serving, xenophobic shits, but I try.

I don't agree with the name calling either.
Post edited at 22:33
 LG-Mark 27 Jun 2016
In reply to MG

Dear o dear, plumbing new depths with language like that I am afraid.
There is always room for constructive debate, but not rabid animosity.
pasbury 27 Jun 2016
In reply to Timmd:

F*ck. This not very good news.
OP Timmd 27 Jun 2016
In reply to Babika:
> Really well said.

> It seems that Jo Cox's legacy to spread love rather than hate evaporated in a heartbeat. I have been embarrassed, saddened and unable to comprehend the horrible statements coming out of Remain voters over the last few days. Collectively they seem to have become a baying, jeering crowd.

> At its most charitable it's rude and discourteous, less charitably it is ugly and worrying.

Who are they? I'm a Remain and have been careful to be civil.
Post edited at 22:37
 Babika 27 Jun 2016
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

Sorry, but I think you're missing the point!
 Yanis Nayu 27 Jun 2016
In reply to Babika:

> Really well said.

I think if you're invoking Jo Cox's name it would be better suited to the threads on the post-vote increase in hate crime. http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/post-brexit-racist-attacks-soar-hate-...

Yanis Nayu 27 Jun 2016
In reply to Babika:

You may not have noticed, but the country is in an all too predictable pool of shit. You may have wanted to swim in that shit but I didn't.
OP Timmd 27 Jun 2016
In reply to Jim C:
> Handbags at dawn

We've lost our triple AAA rating and he's saying somebody is like an old woman. What's that got to do with the price of fish*?

Just trying to keep it vaguely topic related really.

*Or pounds.
Post edited at 22:41
 Babika 27 Jun 2016
In reply to Timmd:

I'm sure you have - but if you've spent more than a nanosecond on Facebook, Twitter or UKC (see above posts and fairly vile language used) you won't need to ask"who are they?"

I have also been courteous throughout as I like debate rather than slander, but unfortunately a huge amount of folk - in the main very angry Remain voters - have not been quite so civil after the resulr
 Pete Pozman 27 Jun 2016
In reply to Tony the Blade:

> At least we've got our country back.

Hurray!
Graeme G 27 Jun 2016
In reply to Babika:

> Really well said.

> unable to comprehend the horrible statements coming out of Remain voters over the last few days

What's hard to comprehend? The leave campaign has flushed our country down the toilet. All their promises are disappearing on an almost hourly basis. Our country is now divided and leaderless. Our futures were gambled with and we're losing (lost?). How is is hard to comprehend that some of us feel like we just got f*cked? And we're f*cking angry.

I do apologise if you're in any way offended.

OP Timmd 27 Jun 2016
In reply to Babika:
Most of my facebook 'feed' of Remain people is just people not believing what's just happened and being full of gloom and doom about the future and about the spikes in instances of racism and xenophobia post Brexit, and one or two people saying we need to come together as a nation. Plus some EU immigrants airing their fears and thoughts.

Much nicer than UKC to be honest.

Post edited at 22:46
 Babika 27 Jun 2016
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

Yes, we can look at the Huffington post article, but I was looking at the outpouring of hate and insults rather closer to home: UKC and even closer than that, this thread!

Regarding hate crime, it is a sad fact that disability hate crime and gender hate crime is also rising. Whether that is due to,more crimes being reported or people simply becoming "more hateful" isn't clear.

Peace, as always. Stay civil and friendly people, even in a debate.
 Yanis Nayu 27 Jun 2016
In reply to Babika:

Laudable aims, but when people are looking at their futures being flushed down the drain for spurious reasons it's unrealistic not to expect there to be anger.

pasbury 27 Jun 2016
In reply to Timmd:

Anyway here's what this actually means;

Osborne: everything is under control, we have plans and stuff we're really quite important you know

World: I think there are better places to put my money actually
Jim C 27 Jun 2016
In reply to MG:

> The ignorant, arrogant, lying, self-serving, xenophobic shits.

And that is your considered opinion of every person who voted leave?

Peter Metcalfe 27 Jun 2016
In reply to MG:

You missed Spain annexing Gibraltar and France cancelling Le Touquet agreement.

Brexf*ckwits - your answers please?

> It's great this isn't it? In 3 days we have had

> Stock market collapses worldwide

> Pound collapsed

> Credit rating reduced

> Prime minister resigned

> Shadow cabinet resigned

> Shadow leader *not* resigned

> Scotland wanting to leave UK

> NI destabilised

> Jobs moving overseas

> The rest of Europe thinking we are f*ckwits

aln 27 Jun 2016
In reply to Babika:

>I have been embarrassed, saddened and unable to comprehend the horrible statements coming out of Remain voters over the last few days

How do you feel about the racism on the streets from the Leave voters over the last few days?
In reply to aln:

> How do you feel about the racism on the streets from the Leave voters over the last few days?

A price worth paying, presumably. After all, everyone knew it would happen.

In fact, nothing remotely surprising has happened. I presume all leave voters think this is just a temporary upheaval.

Actually, I suspect quite a lot of them are rather pleased that the elite are suffering, as they see it. Whether they'll enjoy the economic consequencces quite so much over the next few years remains to be seen.

jcm

Šljiva 27 Jun 2016
In reply to Timmd: Barely even news - S&P warned umpteen times that this would happen if the vote was for Leave, same as Moody's warning they'd cut the outlook, who was listening though?

haworthjim 27 Jun 2016
In reply to Big Ger:

> There you have one big reason why "Remain" lost

As england have found out tonight someone has to win for someone else to lose. I havnt heard about anyone wanting or willing to hit the article 50 button so your in or out vote means nowt.

Lusk 27 Jun 2016
In reply to MG:

Ah bless, what a lovely sheltered life you must lead.
This shit has being going on from the year dot, all over the world.
In a few weeks time, most of them will have crawled back under their rocks, they're having their moment of glory.

You're getting really tedious now, out of a population of 65 million, last year, Britain First had a membership of 6,000.
Hardly a significant proportion of 17 million.
 spotter1 28 Jun 2016
In reply to Tony the Blade:

> At least we've got our country back.

and even made it great again !
 MG 28 Jun 2016
In reply to Jim C:
> And that is your considered opinion of every person who voted leave?

My considered opinion is that they all tick at least one box and their leaders tick most of them.
Post edited at 08:35
In reply to Yanis Nayu:
" but when people are looking at their futures being flushed down the drain for spurious reasons it's unrealistic not to expect there to be anger. "

Do you see any irony or cognitive dissonance in you making this statement about yourself and others on this site regarding swathes of working class England voting leave and why they did it?

I'm not saying you are wrong to feel the way you do, but there are huge parallels between remainers reactions to Brexit and the leavers feelings pre Brexit.

Yanis Nayu 28 Jun 2016
In reply to Bjartur i Sumarhus:

Oh totally. It's just that one is more rational than the other - I mean being angry about the outcome is more rational than using the EU as a scapegoat for the very real problems of that group of people. They chose the wrong solution imo
 Andy Hardy 28 Jun 2016
In reply to Big Ger:

> There you have one big reason why "Remain" lost.

Yes. An awful lot of people were duped by the arrogant, lying, self serving xenophobic shits running the leave campaign. If leave had been honest about the economic effects of exit AND the fact that they didn't actually have a plan AND the fact that there will be no reduction in eu migration because without access to the single market we're screwed, the result would have been a slam dunk for remain.

Big Ger 28 Jun 2016
In reply to Andy Hardy:

The irony of your post is lost on you isn't it?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...