UKC

Recommend me some Lake District campsites

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Good morning,

I've got a trip to the Lake district planned for the first week in August.
Can anyone recommend some good campsites for me to look at visiting ?
Something not to busy ,and fairly close to some good classic scrambles .
I'll be getting my guides out tonight and planning some scrambles and walks but thought I'd ask UKC.

Most of my trips to the Lakes I've stayed at Turner hall farm in the Duddon valley. Absolutely love the place but I feel this time I should test out some new locations.
I've also stayed in the NT campsite in Langdale (not so good and very expensive) and some other random place I can't remember.

Thanks

TS

Jon Stewart 28 Jun 2016
In reply to That Shallot:

Stonethwaite in Borrowdale is beautiful, by the river, well away from the road through the valley down a track, with a pub a few minutes walk. Basic fascilities. And can be midgy as hell.
 John Kelly 28 Jun 2016

You shouldn't miss out on joys of langdale, if don't like NT campsite could try Base Brown in chapel stile

There's the one by the inn is wasdale head, it's a fiver per person per night. Amazing views and location and of course easy access to plenty of climbing/scrambling.
 olddirtydoggy 28 Jun 2016

I stayed on the Eskdale campsite which is not NT fortunately. Personally I'm not a fan of sites as a wildcamp is much quieter but Eskdale was ok and centrally placed in that area.
 ashaughnessy 02 Jul 2016

The camp site at Boot in Eskdale - http://ow.ly/ykjH301RWTG - is good. Quiet, good facilities, two good pubs in walking distance. The scrambling isn't on your doorstep, you need to walk to upper eskdale or drive round to wasdale but a nice spot.
Anthony
marra 04 Jul 2016

I will second stonethwaite, havent stayed at the campsite myself, but I know exactly where it is, great walks in all directions from there, nice and out of the way, next to a river, and some fantastic climbing / scrambling areas nearby

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...