UKC

Anything likely to be dry in Fairy Cave?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Oujmik 29 Jun 2016
Fairy Cave Quarry

Thinking of heading to FCQ for a second visit next weekend with the intention of climbing some Severe routes on the big slab but I recall it's apparently generally wet and unpleasant in winter, does this also extend to wet summer periods? Not planning on going if it's actually raining, but say if it was sunny today - would it be OK or does it need time to dry out?
 beardy mike 29 Jun 2016
In reply to Oujmik:

I would have thought you'll be fine. Didn't rain THAT hard today and its supposed to be dry until the weekend I think. Will keep an eye out for you as I work 4 minutes down the road.
OP Oujmik 01 Jul 2016
In reply to beardy mike:

How's it holding up down there?
 Casa Alfredino 01 Jul 2016
In reply to Oujmik:

It was raining quite heavily at points today but the ground outside is dry now so I reckon unless it rains during the night you're on.
 Fiend 02 Jul 2016
In reply to Casa Alfredino:

Pissed down at 10pm but Sandford and North Quarry were bone dry (both good alternatives to FCQ btw) before then, despite Thu's night rain, so go along later in the afternoon and it should be dry.
OP Oujmik 02 Jul 2016
In reply to Fiend:

It stayed miraculously dry at FCQ, at least for the morning despite heavy rain just a few miles away. We only had time for one route and a picnic as we had to rush off to a family event but will worth it. Beautiful sunshine and dry (albeit slightly muddy) rock.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...