UKC

Cortina d'Ampezzo Via Ferrata alooone

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Matilda 30 Jun 2016
Hi all,

I am spending 2 days in Cortina in September this year (on the tail end of a weekend away with friends to Verona). I'll be there alone and I'd love to do some Via Ferrate...

Can anyone recommend any local climbing group, or cheap-ish guide, or something? I could of course go it all alone, but I quite like company. And local area knowledge. And all that.

Cheers!

beardy mike 01 Jul 2016
In reply to Matilda:

Which end of September? I'll be around some of the time but not in Cotina - over the mountains near Caprile until atleast the 9th.
 Toerag 01 Jul 2016
In reply to Matilda:

The Rene Da Pol and Ivano Dibona are fine to do on your own (easy navigation), as are the two either side of the road leading out of the town to the north (Ettore Bovero and another whose name I can't remember)
 martin.p65 04 Jul 2016
In reply to Matilda:

I stayed at Camping Olympia when in the Dolomites a tad North of Cortina itself but there are two via ferrata routes I would recommend that are easily accessible (walking). We picked up a small guide for free somewhere in the town but I'm sure you can get advice from the tourist office or mountain guides.

Ferrata Bovero and Ferrata Strobel.
 Chris the Tall 04 Jul 2016
In reply to Matilda:

maybe 8 years since I last did them, but there were plenty of other people both times I did Strobel, and very few on Punta Anna.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...