UKC

Sardinia First Timer

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 flash13 02 Jul 2016
Hope people can help me,

As kalymnos flights are massively over priced this year at the end of september and october i have decided to go to sardinia with my wife instead.

Im just looking for the best place to base ourselves according to the sort of crags we wold like to climb at.

I can climb up to round 7b and my partner can normally top rope up to 6c and lead 6aish. She isnt a big fan of slabs so would be looking for more vertical or overhanging crags.

also if people have recommendations of apartments to stay in and look out for that would be helpful.

OP flash13 03 Jul 2016
In reply to flash13:

bump
 jon 03 Jul 2016
In reply to flash13:

You could try contacting this chap: http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/profile.php?id=47566 Looks like he's sold his accommodation but mentions a new owner.
 Toerag 04 Jul 2016
In reply to flash13:

What Jon said - Lemon house is a good place to stay, and the surrounding crags tend not to be slabby like the easy ones at Cala Gonone.
OP flash13 04 Jul 2016
In reply to Toerag:

They arnt taking bookings after July so that option is a bit up in the air.

Any more info on must do crags? Other places people may have stayed?

Cheers
 jon_gill1 04 Jul 2016
In reply to flash13:

If there is the right sort of climbing near cala gonone then try the Lido apartments. I stay there every time I go,although there are lots of slabs locally.there is some over hanging stuff on the coast line such as cala Luna which is a short boat ride away or 2 hour walk if not!its also possible to drive to another crag further up the gorge where you can walk down from in much less time.im sure people on here will know other good steep or overhanging routes in that area at the grades you are after.

Cheers

Jon
 Toerag 05 Jul 2016
In reply to flash13:

> Any more info on must do crags? Other places people may have stayed?

If you go to the southwest corner we stayed in an Agritourismo place inland from Bruggeru which was quite good - plenty of food which was good, although there was no choice. The landscape isn't as picturesque as the east coast, it's a run down area due to the mining industry going down the pan. Some good climbs though.

Recommended crags - If you end up on the east coast (Cala Gonone / Lemon house area) I don't have a recommended crag as such, but for a route do 'Sound of silence' at Surtana - It's 5 pitches. The cave settlement at Tiscali further up-valley is interesting too.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...