UKC

Brexit - unintended consequences?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Graeme G 02 Jul 2016
I'd appreciate your help please. Now we've left the EU does that mean we have to go back to queuing?

I hate queuing, i really adapted well to the european attitude of just joining the line at any given point, but i'm really worried that won't be acceptable anymore. Did Boris leave any guidance before he gave up the game.

Yours,

Confused of Chipping Norton
 MG 02 Jul 2016
In reply to Father Noel Furlong:

Also will Saintsbury's still sell baguettes or must I buy white sliced now?

Puzzled of Tunbridge Wells
 Sam Beaton 02 Jul 2016

Sorry to get serious for a minute but if Theresa May is to be our next PM and she really is anti austerity then I see unexpected light at the end of the tunnel that I didn't see a week ago

Graeme G 02 Jul 2016
In reply to Sam Beaton:

> Sorry to get serious for a minute but if Theresa May is to be our next PM and she really is anti austerity then I see unexpected light at the end of the tunnel that I didn't see a week ago

Why. Is she against queues as well?
 Greasy Prusiks 02 Jul 2016
In reply to Sam Beaton:

I'm not so sure...

I get this strange feeling I recognise Teresa from somewhere. I can't put my finger on why but I can imagine her rounding up maybe a hundred dalmatians , perhaps one or two more, for some kind of strange textiles project.

It'll come to me soon. I'm sure it's nothing to worry about.
 MG 02 Jul 2016
I think queuing correctly will be the test for whether you get to stay in the country. Best get practising
Post edited at 22:27
 Sam Beaton 03 Jul 2016
In reply to Greasy Prusiks:

I could well be clutching at straws but I might go completely insane if I don't find any positives to draw on from the last fortnight!

cander 03 Jul 2016

A taxi driver jumped into my spot at the petrol station yesterday. I gave him a jolly hard stare I can tell you!
 DerwentDiluted 03 Jul 2016
Just be grateful that it is not yet called 'standing in line'.
 summo 03 Jul 2016
In reply to cander:

> A taxi driver jumped into my spot at the petrol station yesterday. I gave him a jolly hard stare I can tell you!

to be true brit you need to complain correctly, poor food in restaurant, moan to the world after, but say nothing whilst in the actual restaurant. Or the more modern version, eat it, pay the bill, then try to destroy them online once safely home.
In reply to summo:

Or complain vaguely that the menu was too comprehensive, without offering any suggestions how it could be improved ...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...