UKC

Last Minute Campsite Chamonix

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 GStone 05 Jul 2016
I'm going to Chamonix on the 19th July for a week, enquired at Les Deux Glacier campsite and they said just call a couple of days before, I can't book in advance.

What are others' experience of turning up and getting a pitch at campsites in Cham? Am I better off in Argentiere?

I will be arriving quite late, maybe 2300 ish too.

Thanks

Simon
 Mark Haward 05 Jul 2016
In reply to GStone:

You can usually find a space but the problem is the arrival time. Camping Mer de Glace now allow you to book ahead; so you could arrive, pitch up and see the reception in the morning.
 thom_jenkinson 05 Jul 2016
In reply to GStone:

I've only ever camped at 'Camping du glacier d'Argentière' in Les Chosalets so can't compare with any in Chamonix- it's a fantastic campsite and often busy. This isn't necessarily a problem but also completely depends what you're looking for. Generally, it is filled with climbers so is also a good place to meet partners.

No issues with just turning up in the dead of night. The barrier will be shut after 10pm but parking is available very close. Just speak to the owners in the morning.

Obviously, if it's not for you, you could always move on to Cham the following day.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...